Re: Sims 4 will not load past first loading screen

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 will not load past first loading screen

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I am having an issue with my game loading past the first initial loading screen- The screen does not freeze, the plumbob spins and the sims music plays, however, it will not progress to the "select household to play" screen

I have tried:

- removing mods and CC

- 50/50 method

- removing all sims 4 files to 'reset' the game files

- deleting and re-installing sims 4 and all game packs 

- deleting origin cache files and installing all-new origin updates. 

At this rate, I am not sure what is causing my game not to load properly, as I have ruled out a corrupt sims 4 or origin file, and am out of ideas on what else I could try. I have searched the forum and cannot find any other solution.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Bosco

Message 1 of 20 (971 Views)
Highlighted

@bosco1334 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 20 (959 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Hello! thank you for your reply:
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- Version 10.14.6
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
- Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
- I am running an anti-virus software app called "Trend Micro Anti-virus" however, this has been on my laptop prior to this problem and used extensively when downloading CC for my game
Message 3 of 20 (942 Views)

@bosco1334

Thanks. When you removed the Sims 4 files, did you move the whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop or just a few files from within it? You must move the whole folder so the game regenerates a brand new one for testing purposes.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 20 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraI’ve already tried moving all files to my desktop to regenerate new files... I may have not specified that clearly enough in my initial post. Sorry!!! It was one of the first things I tried with no luck unfortunately Frown

Message 5 of 20 (920 Views)

@bosco1334

So you moved the actual Sims 4 folder or you just moved the files out of the folder? I'm being specific because in the past there have been a couple of instances where the entire Sims 4 folder has had to be regenerated, just moving some or all of the files out of the folder has not been enough.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 20 (911 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora No problem! I have moved the whole sims 4 folder out onto my desktop to create new files and that sadly didn’t work Frown
Message 7 of 20 (908 Views)

@bosco1334

Thanks. Do you have a lastCrash report generated in the Sims 4 folder when this happens?

Try setting up a new users account on your Mac and see if the game will play in that account - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 20 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraHi again, the loading screen does not crash, it's almost as if it's glitched and stays on that one screen. I end up just force quitting the game as it will not load to the next menu screen so I give up waiting- and yes, I have sat there for more than an hour waiting to see if it would start up (and had no success). So due to force quitting the game- it does not generate lastCrash reports. I checked my old sim files (the ones sitting on my desktop) and they have three from 2018, however, I have been playing just fine after those crash reports were generated (or I at least continued playing just fine until this new loading screen problem).

As for the new user, I also created a new user on my Mac and the game unfortunately still did not start up and found the exact same problem on the different user account.

Message 9 of 20 (877 Views)

@bosco1334

Hmm, thanks for the detailed info. Were any of your installed apps running in the new account? Such as monitoring software like antivirus, Spotify, a 3rd party firewall, file sharing, anything at all? What icons are showing in the top right of the menu bar in Finder (where the time is)?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 20 (867 Views)