Sims 4 will no longer load

by kishajtb

Original Post

Sims 4 will no longer load

★★ Novice

Hi all,

My Sims 4 game has been working perfectly since I got the game and suddenly it just won't play at all.

Origin loads and jumps in my dock along with the actual Sims game in my dock but it just won't actually bring up the game. 

I have:

• Updated my laptop
  • I've updated Sims
  • Turned my laptop on and off
  • Made more storage on my laptop
  • Force quit everything on my laptop
  • Removed CC - I haven't downloaded CC in a very long time... It made no difference. 

I'm officially stumped and can't think of anything else that would be the cause?

I feel as though the only thing I can do if wipe my laptop completely but then I will loose my entire Sims..

Message 1 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will no longer load

@kishajtb  There are a few other things you can try before doing anything as drastic as wiping your laptop.  The Origin reset tool for macs works wonders.  You can repair the gam in Origin by right-clicking on the TS4 icon.  It can also help to disable Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If the above steps don't fix the problem, and you haven't tried it already, you can drag your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Play in this folder for a bit to make sure everything works, and then you can transfer your saves and other content into it from your old folder.  Move only a few items at a time and then test the game again; if you can't play, you'll know that one of the files you just moved is corrupt or otherwise unusable.  This method also works for testing cc, if you'd like to add it back into your game.

If you still can't get TS4 to run on your computer, please post back here with your computer's specs, along with a list of the packs you have in play.

gather mac specs:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will no longer load

@kishajtb

You could also try repairing your game in Origin.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)