Re: Sims 4 unplayable due to glitch [mac]

by PirateAssassin7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 unplayable due to glitch [mac]

★★ Novice

I'm sorry if this is somewhere already but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway, my sims 4 has run perfectly since I got it but after about a month's absence I started it up to play again and everything was fine until I actually selected and went to play a household. As soon as it stopped zooming into my family (as per usual for entering a household) the screen glitches wildly. Like, you can't see anything, I'm going to have a seizure looking at this wildly. I tried to take a screen shot but it just came out looking normal! (I've attached a few pics from my phone instead) The glitch goes away when I turn the volume up or down via the keyboard controls (thus bringing up the volume icon on the screen) and also sort of goes away when I wave the mouse, or move the camera around. But other than that it's impossible to play the game.

It can't be my computers specifications surely as it's basically a brand new mac (only a few months old) and it was running perfectly before. Literally nothing has changed on my computer to cause this. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and only loading the game up with nothing else running but nada Frown I'm at my wits end! 

[Attached: first two pics are just two snaps of the maelstrom, third is me trying to exit the game.]

Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
Hi there! Thank you for your reply! However I've actually solved the problem! Lol

I found I had some malware stuff downloaded (either accidentally or my tech illiterate parents who I share the computer with) and one I had deleted them all my sims worked! Not sure if that is what was causing it or not but once they were gone I loaded it up and it was working again!

Thanks anyway!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @PirateAssassin7,

More info about your Mac is needed. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?
- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

- Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game.
- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi there! Thank you for your reply! However I've actually solved the problem! Lol

I found I had some malware stuff downloaded (either accidentally or my tech illiterate parents who I share the computer with) and one I had deleted them all my sims worked! Not sure if that is what was causing it or not but once they were gone I loaded it up and it was working again!

Thanks anyway!
Message 3 of 3 (239 Views)