Re: Sims 4 stuck on finalizing to install (Mac)

by KeepCalmNancy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I think your verbiage is still awfully rude. And you pretty much contradicted yourself in your first sentence.

i believe there’s a reason a separate forum was setup to assist MAC users only, so for you to assume that a wider community is issueless-free, is inaccurate. I belong to several different communities for this game, and they’ve all mentioned experiencing issues at one point or another with this game on their Mac. I was able to RESOLVE this issue here because a FELLOW Mac Sim User had a thread of other people experiencing the same problem. So, clearly, I’m not the only one, and for you to single me out just because you couldn’t assist me, seems more of an issue with your pride versus trying to be helpful.

My computer is practically brand new. It was purchased this year. A person should not have to MODIFY their computers to the EXTREME just to play a single game on their system. Otherwise, it should be NOTED on ORIGIN or EA prior to purchase! My computer meets ALL the requirements to play this game, so if you’re saying I should be customising my computer a certain way, please let me know so I can write to EA and ORIGIN, to inform them so other players like myself are not being scammed out if their hard earned money.

And I’m not an idiot, I know that CC and mods need to be updated, but when you remove all that stuff, and your game is still having issues, it’s clearly more than just the CC and mods. Not to mention plenty of other issues on this site that couldn’t be resolved due to to it being a “MAC thing.”

Again, thank you for all your assistance, but I was able to have this issue resolved by a fellow Mac Sims player. 🙂

Message 11 of 17 (1,665 Views)

@KeepCalmNancy

It would help other Mac users who read this if you shared what finally fixed it for you. Someone has helped you, why not pass it along? It could then be marked as the solution for others who are looking for a solution to the exact same problem you are having. This community is for players helping players Standard smile

Newer computers often experience issues as the game is still catching up with the new hardware and software. Just because it's new doesn't mean it will all be hunky-dory. In fact, whenever you buy a new generation Mac the only immediate expectation should be for Apple software to work, not 3rd party apps. But of course we all hope that everything we want to run, and have been running, will also just work. When you contact EA you should make sure to feedback your suggestion about making the requirements clearer in Origin.

With reference to your comment about CC/Mods, I never said you were an idiot but just removing CC/Mods doesn't always fix it as they may have had some lasting imprint on your save file which is why the basic troubleshooting step is always to remove the whole Sims 4 folder and start from scratch - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting... You may also have Mods installed into the core game files which will not be fixed by moving out the Sims 4 folder. Again, it is down to your personal setup and game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 17 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you solve this? I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy1!

Message 13 of 17 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you fix this issue?

Message 14 of 17 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was stuck on finalizing to open then instead I wanted to see if it would cricket up if I got three packs and it did and it’s working now

Message 15 of 17 (897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you please tell us how you fixed this? I see multiple people asking and still no answer my device is doing this and I’d like to fix it as I’ve never had a problem with it before 

Message 16 of 17 (645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, it's been about 4 years, did you end up fixing it?

Message 17 of 17 (211 Views)