Re: Sims 4 stops at introduction screen - Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 stops at introduction screen - Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi i'm on mac and I have the Sims 4. So I have had it for maybe a month now and it has been working smoothly. Just today I tried to long on the play and it started to load and it got to the title screen (with the white background with The Sims 4 on it it and says 2014 on the bottom. I guess you can say the sims4 has their own mouse and it didn't switch over to that mouse and now the rainbow spinning wheel comes on. So I waited and it didn't switch over over letting me play it just froze (but it still played music). So I decided to do the force quit on mac. (Command-Option-Escape) and I went to go quit it out and it says Sims 4 not .responding. So I said okay lets try again. Didn't work. I kept trying and trying, restarting my computer and everything. I tried taking out out all my custom content and guess what, it worked. But I then put all of it back and I was like maybe it needed like a restart idk. Now it doesn't work. Please Help

Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Simmer5699

If it works without CC then stops working again with the CC installed it means that one or more items of CC are causing the issue. You need to take them out then add them back in little by little, loading the game after each batch until your game stops working again. You will then have narrowed it down to which item(s) are causing the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)

All Replies

@Simmer5699

If it works without CC then stops working again with the CC installed it means that one or more items of CC are causing the issue. You need to take them out then add them back in little by little, loading the game after each batch until your game stops working again. You will then have narrowed it down to which item(s) are causing the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (245 Views)