Sims 4 starts installing but won't continue after 3% mac

by Bonnie54321

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 starts installing but won't continue after 3% mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had sims 4 installing perfectly fine then it started not updating well (this is after toddlers) and so I uninstalled and I have been trying to install sims 4 for 3-4 weeks now, but it gets to 3% before going to calculating and then not continuing.

i've tried forcing origin to quit then trying again and uninstalling origin but i have no idea what else to do.

mac details - 

macbook (13-inch, late 2009)

processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

I have had sims 4 since Christmas 2014

Please help, thank you so much!

(its now calculating at 0%)

Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 starts installing but won't continue after 3% mac

EA app Team

Hi @Bonnie54321,

Welcome to Answers HQ!

Are you still having issues to download your game? If so, could you check you have enough space in your hard drive to install the game? Standard smile

If that's not the problem, I would try to enable Safe Mode Downloading on Origin. You can turn on this function via the Origin Client Menu > Application settings > Diagnosis to increase the reliability of your download.

Let us know if that helps Wink

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 starts installing but won't continue after 3% mac

EA app Team

Hi @Bonnie54321,

Welcome to Answers HQ!

Are you still having issues to download your game? If so, could you check you have enough space in your hard drive to install the game? Standard smile

If that's not the problem, I would try to enable Safe Mode Downloading on Origin. You can turn on this function via the Origin Client Menu > Application settings > Diagnosis to increase the reliability of your download.

Let us know if that helps Wink

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)