Re: Sims 4 shutting down Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 shutting down Mac

★★ Novice

Hello there,

Along with everyone else, I am very upset that my Sims 4 game has been crashing my MacBook Pro for the last month! I have spent hours on the phone with MAC updating my OS even resetting my OS only to find out Sims is causing my constant crashing.

I have updated and repaired my game countless times, removed all CC. I was able to create a sim, buy property and then once it loaded it shut me down again.. any one have an updates or answers??

Message 1 of 6 (1,864 Views)
Highlighted

@7cme777 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (1,829 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Operating System (Version) 10.15.6
  • Mac model Mac Pro(13 inch, 2017)
  • Processor 2.3 GHz Dual- Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM) 8GB
  • Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 M
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal Version
  • Are you running any antivirus? No
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes, multiple times
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? I have removed them and still experiencing issues
  •  
Message 3 of 6 (1,795 Views)

@7cme777 

Thanks. Your Mac will restart because it has detected a potentially damaging issue so it shuts down to protect itself.

• Make sure you play on a hard surface, ideally with your Mac raised a little so air can circulate underneath. Or get a USB laptop cooling pad to place it on
  • Have no other apps open when you play the game, close all other apps including those running in the background. Look in the Dock for app icons with little dots under them and also in the top right corner of the menu bar for background apps running
  • Lower your graphics options in-game. Your Mac has integrated Intel graphics which may be struggling to run the game
  • Turn off Origin in-game and notifications
  • Use minimal CC and definitely no high poly CC

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,770 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!

Unfortunately I do/ have done all those things and still it keeps crashing. I’m just so defeated!!

Message 5 of 6 (1,733 Views)

@7cme777 Do you have a local Apple store you can take your Mac to? I would get it checked out.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,699 Views)