Sims 4 saved game lost

by Arisele22

Original Post

Sims 4 saved game lost

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing Sims 4 for maybe a month now, and every so often when Origin asks me to update the game, I do. I had two saved games; one that I played all the time, the other that I did not. When I opened the game today, I noticed that the game that I spent the most time on is now gone, as though it never existed. I poked around EA's help site and tried moving my Sims 4 file to the documents folder, but so far it still isn't showing up. I'd saved my progress and everything—how can I get my game back?

Message 1 of 4 (4,562 Views)

Re: Sims 4 saved game lost

@Arisele22

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled? https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (4,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dear @Bluebellflora,

Yes, I have iCloud enabled. I just ran into this same issue again after I stopped playing Sims for several months, so I'm going to try freeing up some space and following the instructions in the link you provided. After I free up space, is it possible to get my original game back? Or will I need to start from scratch all over again? I don't think I can handle another deleted game and I'm considering just deleting Sims and Origin for good since it's taking up a huge amount of space for no reason, it seems. 

Message 3 of 4 (4,420 Views)

@Arisele22

The save should be on your Mac somewhere. When you find it make sure it is in the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves folder and the game will load it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (4,411 Views)