Re: Sims 4 running slowly on Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Spxcebuns

I'm sorry but your advice is irrelevant and incorrect for several reasons:

The Sims is often known not to work on High Sierra, the best thing you can do is contact customer support. - Absolute rubbish, it runs fine on High Sierra and is supported. That is not a troubleshooting answer. The reason is something else.

Try switching to 32-bit mode. - not an option in macOS. Please make sure you are familiar with operating systems and games before giving advice.

Make sure that you lower the storage TS4 is taking up, it looks like the problem - you cannot lower the amount of storage a game needs for installation.

@galexandrakis

The operating system manages RAM for you and as @EA_Mai has stated, 16Gb RAM is plenty. Unless you have a ton of memory hogging apps open on your Mac all at the same time this is not the issue. Do check the storage available on your Mac by clicking on the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac then Storage.

Can you please disable Origin in-game and see if that helps? Also turn off all notifications in Origin.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 13 (915 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did and it didn't change for some reason. And yes I have 73GB left in my hard drive.
Message 12 of 13 (863 Views)

@galexandrakis

Ok. Can you please create a new user account on your Mac and play a brand new, clean game with no saves in that account?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 13 (836 Views)