Re: Sims 4 on mac: major bug in cats and dogs

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 on mac: major bug in cats and dogs

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I'm looking for help about a huge bug in the sims 4 on mac.

I've been playing for over a year and this has never impacted me before recently; whenever i enter the sims, the entire of brindleton bay and everything else to do with the cats and dogs expansion pack, is unresponsive and bugged out with a heap of llamas (which i assume are just a texture which means missing information). I can't use the extra content from cats and dogs, my whole brindleton bay is not working and honestly this pack is my favourite and sims is pretty trash without it.

I have literally tried everything i can think of. I repaired the game, and all my expansion packs. I removed all my custom content and then repaired the game. I literally uninstalled the entire game, all the mods, all cc, from my mac, TWICE, erasing 400+ hours of progress, restarted the game, then repaired the game. And nothing worked.

As far as i can tell, this llama bug is only present in content which is from the cats and dogs expansion pack. i can't find anywhere any way to delete one expansion pack, or play without it, and it's really infuriating that i've spent money on this expansion pack and i can't even use it.

I've tried to contact ea but the phone line isn't working so that's out of the picture.

If anyone can help me out here, (PLEASE don't recommend repairing the game or uninstalling it. I've already wasted like 50GB of data uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing my games and honestly i've tried it way too many times for it to be an effective suggestion), then it would be great, and if someone else who has had this issue can relate then post on this board cause maybe EA will see it lol

TL;DR: The entireity of my cats and dogs expansion pack on sims4 for mac isn't working and it sucks

Thanks for any help guys Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (312 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on mac: major bug in cats and dogs

@sebmaate

Did you try the super repair? Steps are here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting... After doing the repair and before launching the game please move your entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop so your game attempts to launch like new again.

How to disable a pack - https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)