Re: Sims 4 on Macbook Air 2020 Questions :)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 on Macbook Air 2020 Questions :)

★ Novice

Hi! I very recently got a Macbook air (2020) It's 13 inches with i3 instead of i5 (idk for what i'm not good with computers) I have a few questions regarding sims on here. 

first of all, will running the game permanently hurt my laptop in any way? 

second, would a cooling pad help, i haven't even opened the game since my computers fans come on loud when i even attempt to open the game, i haven't let it play through because as i said i don't want any permanent damage to come to my computer, since it is mainly for school not sims. 

Thank you for reading and if you have any advice or answers to my questions it would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (6,360 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@AvezlovesSims

MacBook Airs are great computers for what they are designed for which is portable working. They aren't built for gaming at all as they just don't have enough power. There are a lot of users who do play the game on them but the i3 processor you have is really, really low spec. The fans are coming on to cool it down so it doesn't overheat and damage the hardware. This is normal for any laptop but using a cooling pad will help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (6,300 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@AvezlovesSims

MacBook Airs are great computers for what they are designed for which is portable working. They aren't built for gaming at all as they just don't have enough power. There are a lot of users who do play the game on them but the i3 processor you have is really, really low spec. The fans are coming on to cool it down so it doesn't overheat and damage the hardware. This is normal for any laptop but using a cooling pad will help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (6,301 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much! I'm planning to get a cooling pad Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (6,253 Views)