Re: sims 4 won't launch

by meghanjosephine

Original Post

Re: I can't open the Sims 4 or the Origin app

★★★ Newbie

Hello! My sims 4 haven't been working since I updated my mac to High Sierra, but I just wanted to let everyone know that it started working again when I turned off origin in game! Thanks for this thread!!! Lifesaver. 

@lilwinter16 do you know why origin in game is a problem? Bit boring. I hope it get's fixed! Standard smile

Message 11 of 16 (1,066 Views)

sims 4 won't launch

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Guys,

Please forgive the long story. Yesterday I bought and downloaded The Sims 4 Jungle Adventures. When I tried to play a) the Origin screen was suddenly scaled too large for my screen. Went thought EA support and the agent emailed me a list of fixes none of which applied to Mac so I still have that problem. I am still able to see my games etc however so I tried to play Sims 4. 

When I launch Sims 4 through origin, the application appears in my Dock and the screen goes black, but then after a few seconds it goes back to my normal desktop screen and if I hover over the app in the dock it says "Application Not Responding" and my only option is to force quit. Again, I contacted EA support and was instructed to uninstall origin the hard way and then reinstall which I did. The game still did not launch through origin but did launch when I clicked the application outside origin. Today I tried to play again and it won't launch through origin or on its own.

I'm extremely frustrated, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, I've cleared my caches, restarted my computer, moved my Sims 4 folder to desktop to check if files were corrupt and it continues to not open.

Please help. 

Message 12 of 16 (1,064 Views)

@meghanjosephine

Please run the Origin reset tool then try again.

If you play with CC/Mods, move out your Mods folder then try to launch the game.

Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 16 (1,046 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I repaired the game through origin, uninstalled and reinstalled origin on the advice of an EA technical support person and also moved my sims folder out of my document and tried starting fresh etc nothing worked.

I actually solved the issue though by turning origin off in game. Now it seems to open normally. At least for now. If it stops again I'll try the origin reset tool. Thanks!

Message 14 of 16 (1,040 Views)

@meghanjosephine

Great! Origin in-game is causing so many issues at the moment. I'm going to move your thread to this one - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-4-not-opening-since-December-17-patch-Please-read-here/m... because it fits with the issues reported by others.

Thanks for confirming disabling Origin in-game fixed the issue Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 15 of 16 (1,038 Views)

Re: My sims 4 won't open (mac)

★ Novice

This happens to me too! Do you have your mac updated to High Sierra?

Message 16 of 16 (889 Views)