Sims 4 not opening (Mac)

by downpourss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 not opening (Mac)

★★★ Novice

Sims 4 hasn't been opening. All the music starts playing, but that's it. I've tried restarting my computer, and a disk repair. Still nothing. Any ideas on what to do?

Message 1 of 6 (3,619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 not opening (Mac)

@downpourss

So something in your user data is causing the issue. Did you test the game after replacing each folder, like Crin suggests? Or did you just replace them all at the same time? You need to test after replacing each one so it narrows down the issue. It could be Mods/CC or corrupt Saves, or corrupt Tray items etc..

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (4,285 Views)

All Replies

@downpourss

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Can you please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the trash then restart your game - does it work?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

I followed this to restart my game. Before putting the folders back I opened the game. It worked fine. I closed it and put the folders back and opened the game again, but now it's having the same issue I started with. Also, more information about my mac: Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.5, processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

Message 3 of 6 (3,593 Views)

@downpourss

So something in your user data is causing the issue. Did you test the game after replacing each folder, like Crin suggests? Or did you just replace them all at the same time? You need to test after replacing each one so it narrows down the issue. It could be Mods/CC or corrupt Saves, or corrupt Tray items etc..

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (4,286 Views)

★★★ Novice

I probably misread it, just putting each folder in together. I put the folders in separately, and it looks like options(.ini) was the problem. It's working perfectly now, thank you so much! 

Message 5 of 6 (3,575 Views)

@downpourss

Great! Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (3,559 Views)