Sims 4 not appearing in Electronic Arts folder (Mac) - Origin Purchase

by chaimxxn

Original Post

Sims 4 not appearing in Electronic Arts folder (Mac) - Origin Purchase

★★★ Novice

hi everyone! 

i'm new to the forums but i'm not new to the sims. Angel

i have an issue that i've been unable to resolve on my own, thus i'm asking for assistance. 

i have an older model imac with osx sierra. i've run sims 3 with no issues. 

i just purchased sims 4 deluxe digital version from origin the other day and i've opened and played the game. 

with sims 3, i used custom content and mods and i know how to install them using the folders in electronic arts. 

i want to use custom content and mods with sims 4, but when i go to electronic arts in my documents, all i see is a folder for sims 3. no sims 4. 

i've tried opening origin and "repairing" the game, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, i've tried playing the game for hours and saving a bunch of different games, i've tried restarting my computer, etc. nothing is working. i've also taken a look at my iCloud settings but i don't use iCloud on my mac, so the tutorial i found on disabling it and the information saying it didn't work with the EA folder doesn't apply to me. 

does anyone have any solutions or ideas for things i can try? i just wanna use cc and mods like i did with sims 3. Devil

Message 1 of 8 (2,461 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not appearing in Electronic Arts folder (Mac) - Origin Purchase

EA app Team

Hi @chaimxxn,

Welcome to the forums! :eahigh_file:

This is very strange, if you can save your games, those files need to be somewhere! Oops  Could you try to find a file named 'Slot_00000001.save' or 'Slot_00000002.save'? Those are the files where your games are saved, so they should exist somewhere if the game is working Wink

Let us know how that goes,

-Mai

Message 2 of 8 (2,443 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi @EA_Mai! thank you so much for getting back to me. i've searched for the saves, as well as the sims 4 folder but all i come back with is the game itself, no folders. when i played sims 3, i used the electronic arts folder for mods, same thing that you're supposed to do for sims 4, so instinctively i checked it first. i have the electronic arts folder (under documents, where it should be) yet it doesn't contain any sims 4 folder. i also tried playing the game for about an hour, as well as downloading content from the community gallery while in game to see if that might kickstart the electronic arts folder. but nothing!  nada! zip! i have no idea what to do. Frown 

Message 3 of 8 (2,437 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @chaimxxn,

Really strange, but let's not give up! Could you give us information about your Mac? Please, follow the instructions in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Thanks! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 8 (2,422 Views)

★★★ Novice

sure! here are the specs for my computer! Large smile

i gotta say, i'm so happy that someone's still interested in my case and willing to help. Embarrassed

Message 5 of 8 (2,408 Views)

EA app Team

Hi again @chaimxxn,

Of course we are willing to help, you are not in this alone Standard smile

Thanks for sharing that screenshot with the specifications of your Mac. I was trying to find out if you have Fusion Drive, but your Mac doesn't have it so that wouldn't explain why we can't find the files.

In the first screenshot you shared, however, you seem to have a second drive named 'COLEDRIVE' in the computer. Could you try to search for the files in there? It would be very strange if that's the case, but better make sure they are not there either.

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 6 of 8 (2,382 Views)

★ Apprentice

Finally I found A mac one Was this sovled? I really need mods

Message 7 of 8 (709 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Keifer32,

It doesn't look like the conversation continued after EA_Mai's last post. If you're having a similar issue, could you pop open a new thread please and include some additional information please? I'll close this older thread out here in the meantime.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (691 Views)