Sims 4 mods/cc not working - v frustrating

by yourstrulytolu

Original Post

Sims 4 mods/cc not working - v frustrating

★★★ Novice
Hello! Standard smile

It’s annoying to say, but I’m at my wits’ end with the Sims atm.

I’m having trouble specifically with installing CC and mods - I’ve played Sims 4 for a long time, but I only recently started playing it again, and wanted to download some new CC since I had to delete a lot of it in the past (bear in mind, I already had a few pieces already in my game).

So I spent about 1 hour on the simsresource downloading stuff, then put it in the appropriate mods folder in my game. However when I launch the game, only the CC that i previously had shows up - even when I download more, it doesn’t come up either.

It feels like I’ve tried everything: deleting CC, repairing the file, uninstalling/reinstalling, factory reset (although strangely enough, even when i factory resetted, the old CC still showed up??)

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Cc/mods make the game for me, and I don’t want to play the game without them Frown

(Btw, I’m on a mac)
Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: Sims 4 mods/cc not working - v frustrating

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @yourstrulytolu

are you using iCloud ? Maybe the game is using a folder on there. Check if you have a sims folder there and if you do, put the new mods in there.

EDIT: Also moved thread to the mac forum in case that doesn't help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (364 Views)

Re: Sims 4 mods/cc not working - v frustrating

@yourstrulytolu

Have you unzipped the CC from TSR and then placed the .package files in your Mods folder?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (354 Views)