Re: Black screen when launching

by ximenarifai

Original Post

Sims 4 loading forever and becomes unresponsive (MacOs High Sierra)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I know I already posted on another thread for this issue but I figured I better make my own so it doesn't get lost.but I run the game on a Mac that runs on High Sierra & I'm currently having an issue with my game becoming unresponsive after launching it and loading for a little while, leaving me no choice but to force quit. I already talked to a Origin tech helper and he said they're looking into the issue but I don't know if there's other people experiencing the same problem right now, & I would appreciate the input anyone can give me. 

Message 2 of 11 (644 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I'm currently having an issue with my game becoming unresponsive after launching it and loading for a little while, forcing to to force quit. I don't know if this is the right thread, but I also have a Mac that runs on High Sierra. Don't know if there's other people experiencing the same problem right now. 

Message 1 of 11 (636 Views)

@ximenarifai 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please go into the Documents > Electronic Arts folder and move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch the game. It should be like new with no saves or any of your user data. Does it work?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 11 (611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So there's the info:

• Operating System (Version): MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 
  • Mac model: Macbook Air (2017)
  • Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM): 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

The thing is that I got it to work and load somehow after a small update prompted by Origin but now all of my teen/young adults/adult sims are all invisible,  the plumbobs are basically on the floor (therefore unplayable), I think I'm dealing with a corrupt save file somehow and don't know exactly how to tackle the issue. 

Message 4 of 11 (588 Views)

@ximenarifai

Yeah sounds like it Frown Also sounds mod related if the sims are invisible. Did you try the new, clean game I suggested?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 11 (585 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just got back home and I'm going to test it right now, might have to do something with the new skintone update maybe? I have a bunch of cc skins & skintones and my sims started appearing like they were broken (white and red checkers with the question marks), I deleted most of the skintones though.

Message 6 of 11 (583 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: I just started a clean save and that one works just fine, so there's definitely something corrupting one of my saves.

Message 7 of 11 (573 Views)

@ximenarifai

How about if you move one of the saves into the newly created Sims 4 > saves folder? Does it still crash? None of your CC etc will be there so make sure not to save it but would be a good way to test the save.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 11 (571 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So, I'm putting back slot_00000003.save and slot_00000003.save.ver2 since those are the latest ones without me remembering they were so corrupted, hope I'm doing it correctly

Message 9 of 11 (548 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update 2: Those save files reverted my game to the night before, and they're all seemingly working fine. I do use MCC and it gives me clean exceptions and last exceptions from time to time, don't know how to interpret those though. i will also try to find the rest of the cc skintones and delete those just in case and check all of my mods to update them.

Message 10 of 11 (545 Views)