Sims 4 keeps crashing

by M_Mariee17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★★ Novice

Hi, I just updated my Sims 4 game (Jan., 17, 2020), and started playing as usual. I then decided I wanted to purchase and download a bundle package. After downloading those packages, the game was impossible to play. Every time I would try to go into build mode for a lot, the game would crash. I turned off all of my mods and it would still continue to crash while trying to go into a lot. Please help me, because I have no idea what is happening and do not know what to do. I also hope I did not just waste my money on buying those packages. Thanks!

Message 1 of 19 (6,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

@M_Mariee17 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please also move your whole Mods folder to the desktop and see if the problems persists in your game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 10 of 19 (6,516 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@M_Mariee17  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.  (Let me know if you're on a Mac.)

If you use the UI cheats mod, remove or update it—the previous version broke in this patch.  Otherwise, please test the game in a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just test a new save and see how it runs.

Let me know whether you get any crashes, and if you do, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you've installed recently, and the ones you already had.  You can leave out Stuff Packs, but list the others.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 19 (6,707 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello, I use a Mac!
Message 3 of 19 (6,665 Views)

Hero
@M_Mariee17 Moved your post to the mac forum then.

Could you post your specs as well as the exact OS you're using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (6,655 Views)

★★ Novice

Similar here. Updated yesterday to the latest patch yesterday and since that I'm not able to access Build Mode. As soon I press button, lower bar disappears and does't come back. 

Tried to restore game, switch off all mods (no CC) and issue persists!! 

Message 5 of 19 (6,629 Views)

★★ Novice
this needs quick fix
Message 6 of 19 (6,628 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Carolinabmcpa

What about if you move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop and try a new clean game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 19 (6,619 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I am knew to this all but I am guessing my specs are that it's a MacBook Air 13", 2019 running the macOS Catalina Version 10.15.2. I just ran this update, tried to play Sims 4 again, and it once again crashed. I also just realized in my "finder" that it keeps track of every time it crashes, but I don't know if that is important.
Message 8 of 19 (6,567 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Also, I only had City Living previous to the crashing. I bought and downloaded Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, and a stuff pack for new pets.
Message 9 of 19 (6,547 Views)

@M_Mariee17 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please also move your whole Mods folder to the desktop and see if the problems persists in your game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 19 (6,517 Views)