Sims 4 keeps crashing

by M_Mariee17

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★ Novice

im having the exact same issue, its a specific household for me, which worked perfectly fine until i updated the game tonight and now cannot get into the household - the game crashes. i have tried to remove all mods and the problem continues

also same macbook as above

Message 11 of 19 (1,191 Views)

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I've just gone and looked up the specs;
- MacBook Air 13'3 (2019 Model)
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
- 8GB RAM, upgradable to 16GB
- Intel UHD Graphics 617
Message 12 of 19 (1,177 Views)

@AriaMad2

That is not supplying all the information asked for in the link I ask people to use for reference. Thank you for trying to help but until the user posts it is wrong to speculate.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 19 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Hi! thanks for giving me that information. I did not know that "repairing" a game in Origin was possible. I repaired the game and it was running as normal! Thank You!
Message 14 of 19 (1,122 Views)

★★ Novice

Issue solved for me MCC mod is the conflict. Thought to have cleared mods folder, but no. So tested a few times and that's my conclusion. Waiting for a mod update Standard smile 

Thank you :D

Message 15 of 19 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine is kind of doing the same thing after I got the recent update, but when I get into build mode, there is nothing there, like where you would pick things to build or items, just the house and I cannot get out of build mode and end up stuck. I exit out of my game and it ends up doing the same thing. I cannot edit anything and also get stuck in manage worlds and the only thing that I can open is the gallery but have to exit out of my game to fix it but still get stuck with that same issue

Message 16 of 19 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did that and it worked for a second but then crashed again what do I do I really want to play please help.

Message 17 of 19 (702 Views)

★★ Guide

Did you find a solution? They keep closing out threads preventing others to see a resolve that works 

Message 18 of 19 (642 Views)

@EricaMims2020

Your threads keep getting closed? Which ones? Sometimes posts get merged into 'master' threads on an issue.

There are multiple reasons why the game can crash. If you cannot find a thread for your exact issue it's better to start a new one and provide as much information as possible about the problem and your Mac. Info on what and how to provide this here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 19 of 19 (612 Views)