❗️ Sims 4 keeps crashing when accessing the Gallery

by rin_tokki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

❗️ Sims 4 keeps crashing when accessing the Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This issue is also happening to me after this most recent patch. I owe a Mac Pro and every time I try to load the gallery it crashes and asks to restart. Little bummed since I was really looking forward to this update. 

Message 1 of 356 (31,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Opening the Gallery Crashes My Game Sims 4

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marking as Solution visibility purposes only - EA_Lanna

Hello again.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but while the team looks into this issue, a possible workaround might be to use the website version of the Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery

It has many of the features available in the in-game Gallery. 

(Note: If you download something from the website Gallery while the game is running, you may need to restart your game to download the item onto the game.)

Edit - if your avatar in Origin looks like this:

origin-avatar-crash-image.png

Change it by hovering over your avatar in Origin and choosing EA Account and Billing and choose a picture for your profile. (Bluebellflora)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 39 of 356 (34,126 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Im on an iMac (late 2015). After July 16th update, I can play the game fine until clicking the gallery button which would crash the whole game every single time. 

Message 2 of 356 (31,406 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

Hero
@krisbextor Moved this to the mac forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 356 (31,369 Views)

@rin_tokki

Is it just the Gallery that is not working? None of the additional content introduced in the patch is affected by the Gallery so you should still be able to enjoy the new CAS features.

Do you play with CC/Mods? If so please move your Mods folder to the Desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file and load your game to see if the Gallery is now working.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 356 (31,353 Views)

@krisbextor

I've merged your post into this one as you are both experiencing the same issue. Do you play with CC/Mods? If so please move your Mods folder to the Desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file and load your game to see if the Gallery is now working.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 356 (31,342 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've noticed other smaller not as bothersome things. The lighting is off and the sim will jump the stairs and suddenly appear on the second floor. Or when jumping into the pool/shower/bath they will wear shoes or random clothing items. The game runs slow on some occasions and the sims sometimes dont follow direction and I'll have to restart the game and everything will be fine again. But the crashing has as of right now only been related to the gallery. I can't bring it up without the game crashing and I've been sending crash data to apple. I'm knocking on wood and hoping it only sticks to that. 

Message 6 of 356 (31,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do not have any CC since the white shelf update I can't remember the number but I haven't used any and no longer have the folder file in my game in us . 

Message 7 of 356 (31,337 Views)

@rin_tokki 

Thanks for the info Standard smile

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Are you running any kind of antivirus? Could you disable Origin in-game and see if that makes a difference - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 356 (31,306 Views)

Game crashing when connecting to internet on Gallery while gaming

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to connect to internet while the game is on.
What happens when the bug occurs? While I am playing and open the gallery sometimes it does not recognize my internet connection. Then when it asks to connect or stay offline the game crashes. This happens only occasionally if I am connected through Origin while starting to play, but if the internet freezes/stops working while playing it occurs again.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to connect while playing without the game crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This really bugs me, cos my internet is sometimes weak and at times the game crashes all the time.

Message 9 of 356 (31,264 Views)

Re: Game crashing when connecting to internet on Gallery while gaming

Hero
@adduapina Moved your post to the mac forum for troubleshooting.

Could you post your Macs details ? Specs, OS

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 356 (31,255 Views)