Re: Game crashes when I open the gallery

by southaltan

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing when accessing the Gallery

★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflorarin_tokki I find that if I plan on adding something from the gallery, it’s best to open the gallery on the main menu, then the game won’t crash when I click the gallery in game. I always save before entering the gallery anyway though... it’s very frustrating.
Message 91 of 356 (1,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’m having the same issue. If I am in game, and open the library it crashes. The only work-around I found was if I open the gallery before I go into game mode - from the main menu. I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro - running Catalina. 

Message 92 of 356 (1,577 Views)

@southaltan

Hey Standard smile Can you try the suggestion here about deleting a specific file then repairing the game - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-keeps-crashing-when-accessing-the-Gallery/m-p/...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 93 of 356 (1,562 Views)

game crashing when trying to access gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Whenever I try to access the gallery, it does not matter if I have been playing for hours or if the main menu just finished loading, if I click to open the gallery the game ends up crashing instantly. 

I have tried repairing the game, deleting and reinstalling, removing mods folder, updating my mac, and have restarted my mac and now I don't know what else to do. 

Thank you. Heart

Message 94 of 356 (1,647 Views)

Re: game crashing when trying to access gallery

★ Guide
@babygirlyg Have you tried moving your game files and generating a new game folder?
Message 95 of 356 (1,642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not exactly sure how to do that lol. 

Message 96 of 356 (1,638 Views)

★ Guide
@babygirlyg That's okay! Just move your Sims 4 folder to another folder, then launch the game and see if it still happens. If it works, you can move your save games into the saves folder in the new Sims 4 folder.
Message 97 of 356 (1,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What exactly do you mean by moving the folder to another folder? like do I make a whole new folder? 

Message 98 of 356 (1,621 Views)

★ Guide
@babygirlyg If you move your current Sims 4 folder to another folder (Pictures, Documents, etc.) and launch the game, a new Sims 4 folder will automatically generate in the Electronic Arts folder.
I will warn you though, when you first launch the game after you've moved the folder, your saves will not show up, which is to be expected. If you successfully have access to the Gallery, you can move your saves back into your saves folder in the new Sims 4 folder.
Message 99 of 356 (1,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OH lol, thanks I now understand and I tried it but sadly it still didn't work. Frown

Message 100 of 356 (1,610 Views)