Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing when accessing the Gallery

by dianed485

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Though I’m sorry to hear you all are dealing with this issue, I’m VERY happy to hear that I’m not the only one who’s been having this problem! Hopefully we see a fix soon 😂

Message 41 of 356 (3,144 Views)

Gallery Closes Sims 4 When Trying to Open

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I keep trying to go onto the Gallery but every time it will begin to load then close my current game.

I have tried repairing the game and I have made sure it is the most up to date version but nothing seems to work and it's very frustrating. 

I'm also playing from a MacBook Pro

Message 42 of 356 (3,113 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Out of curiosity, is this happening to everyone else specifically with the News tab of the Gallery, as it is with me, or are people having the problem with other tabs as well?

Message 43 of 356 (3,118 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ajduckie For me it's all of the tabs :/
Message 44 of 356 (3,109 Views)

Re: Gallery Closes Sims 4 When Trying to Open

Hero (Retired)

@Kkxls - I've moved your post to the Mac forum thread on this issue. Please see this post for a possible workaround while EA works on the problem.

Message 45 of 356 (3,070 Views)

Gallery crashing

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test opening the gallery while playing
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes and I get a notification that the game has crashed
What do you expect to see? The gallery opens and I can use it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last big update where the graphics to the cover of the Sims 4 changed - that update gave me this bug.

Gallery is crashing 90% of the time, it works 1 every 10 times (actually, not exadurating). When it does work, I can enter the gallery over and over again - it just takes 10 tries to find the one that will work and stay open. I've tried clicking on different things in the gallery, I've tried opening and closing quickly and opening again - nothing else works. I don't have any Mods and my iMac is update date 10.14.6. I repaired Sims 4 and that did not help. 

Message 46 of 356 (3,078 Views)

Re: Gallery crashing

Hero
@capgunchaisson Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting help with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 356 (3,069 Views)

★★ Novice

Has this been solved? I'm on Macbook Pro 15 & just lost an entires day play due to this.

Message 48 of 356 (2,969 Views)

@pants1214

Did you save?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 49 of 356 (2,964 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem 50% of the time it's so annoying, please fix it !! I'm also playing on a MacBook Pro (2015). 

Message 50 of 356 (2,918 Views)