Re: Game crashing when connecting to internet on Gallery while gaming

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@crinrictThanks for moving this to the right section Standard smile

So the specs:

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 11 of 356 (4,964 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

★★★ Guide

I dunno if this is the same issue that I have, but I've made a topic here.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to connect to internet while the game is on.
What happens when the bug occurs? While I am playing and open the gallery sometimes it does not recognize my internet connection. Then when it asks to connect or stay offline the game crashes. This happens only occasionally if I am connected through Origin while starting to play, but if the internet freezes/stops working while playing it occurs again.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to connect while playing without the game crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure, I think it was the latest (July 16th 2019 patch)

Playing on:

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 12 of 356 (4,957 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I have a Mac ver 10.14.5 3.4ghz intel core i5. radeon pro 570 on MAC OS MOJAVE.

I have Dr.Antivirus but I've already tried disabling it and I've ever been able to use origin in game. it's never worked for me.
Message 13 of 356 (4,890 Views)

★★★ Novice
@rin_tokki also new thing that just popped up and idk if I'd have to make a new post but recently the commands I have lined up for my sims will reset on there own. And if the sim is in the middle of a command when the reset happens it just stands away from whatever it was doing. For example if the sim was on the computer they'll suddenly be standing and no longer sitting down on the computer.
Message 14 of 356 (4,885 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 15 of 356 (4,883 Views)

[ Edited ]

@rin_tokki

Could you please post your full specs. as asked for in the link I posted. You may not think it's necessary but I promise you it is Standard smile

Set up a new user account on your Mac and start a new, clean game in that account to see how it performs. Turn off your wifi and disable the antivirus too. Make sure Origin in-game is disabled in the Origin settings and the game properties.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 356 (4,866 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone encountering a crash (without mods), do you happen to have a lastCrash txt in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ folder? If so, could you send that file, either attached to a post, or sent to me through private message?

tagging @adduapina @rin_tokki @krisbextor 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 356 (4,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo@crinrict

I'm having trouble attaching the requested file to this post. I found the file, but can't seem to be able to send it through here. I am trying to add the file to the post and everything works as usual until I click "submit" and then I'm just back at the compose new message page. Any help? Tips?

Message 18 of 356 (4,835 Views)

★★★ Guide

@adduapina wrote:

@SimQARobo@crinrict

I'm having trouble attaching the requested file to this post. I found the file, but can't seem to be able to send it through here. I am trying to add the file to the post and everything works as usual until I click "submit" and then I'm just back at the compose new message page. Any help? Tips?

Is it possible to copy the text in fhe file here or is the whole file needed?

Message 19 of 356 (4,830 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’m also experiencing crashing when attempting to go to gallery. Only when attempting to access the gallery do I crash. If I repair the game, I’ll work for a little while and then crash again.

The crashing only started yesterday. 

My game is modded for some saves, but I remove all mods and cc for other saves like my let’s play. I still experience the crashing issue on my vanilla game when attempting to access to the gallery.  

Message 20 of 356 (4,796 Views)