Sims 4 keeps crashing on mac

by hollyramona_

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps crashing on mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I've been playing sims for ages without any problems until about a month ago when the game kept crashing during gameplay. CAS is absolutely fine, whether it's 2 minutes in there or an hour, but as soon as you go to gameplay it crashes. I've tried everything I've been able to find on the internet; moving options.ini file, trying the game in offline mode, turning in-game origin off, moving my mods folder out, moving the tray folder out, moving the whole sims 4 folder out and trying it as a new file, repairing the game through origin, putting it in window mode, graphics low as possible yada yada yada. Nothing is working. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm on a MacBook Pro, OS Mojave 10.14, the specs are all fine. I just don't know what to do anymore. If anyone can help it would be amazing because I really miss playing it and I've spent so much money on it.

It doesn't seem to want to upload the latest crash file but if there's a way to do it please let me know and I can send it.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide !!

Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing on mac

@hollyramona_ 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)