Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing on MacBook Air

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@alexandriafaison

Thanks for the save. It's loading and playing ok for me. Can you lower all your in-game graphics options then try to load the save and see how it works?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 13 (181 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes, I will try that. after googling a lot of things, I'm wondering if my graphics card is no good on my Mac? I have a 2015 MacBook Air and after opening the game in safe mode, two start up errors came up. one said "Unable to migrate the user data directory to Legacy Edition." the other one said "Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed." from what I can tell, I'm pretty sure my Mac meets the minimum specs. 

Not sure if you can help me with any of that. I really appreciate your help so far!! 

Message 12 of 13 (158 Views)

@alexandriafaison

That error is coming up because in safe mode it's not loading the Metal drivers for the game so thinks you need the Legacy Edition.

I asked you to lower the settings because when I loaded the family it was snowing and wondered whether this was too much on your Mac if you had high graphics settings Standard smile MacBook Airs are great but not designed for gaming at all, especially the Intel equipped ones.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 13 (146 Views)