Sims 4 keeps crashing on 2020 iMac 27

by ddp173

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Just letting you know my game is still crashing after this new update.
Message 71 of 143 (1,351 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing on 2020 iMac 27

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey everyone, just bought the new pack and wanted to let you know that even though I haven't been experiencing any crash or freezing issues since the new update this past week, that the Sims 4 team has heard about the issue and will be releasing a new update this week (11/20) to fix the crashes hopefully. See the attached screenshot from my welcome screen this morning.

Message 72 of 143 (1,348 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

[ Edited ]

@Clair2311

Which new update? Do you think it's crashing because of the audio issues or because fo the GPU still? Have you applied the workaround? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-crashing-since-November-2020-upd...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 73 of 143 (1,346 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Oh I'm sorry it was the Sims update we got last Monday 10th Nov. I was hoping it might of stopped this crashing problem. I just wanted to let you know as you have been very helpful to us all regarding this issue. Sorry if I have confused you.
Message 74 of 143 (1,339 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Half your message didnt show up. Ive tried the workaround. Ive just read that there is another update coming this week so fingers crossed!
Message 75 of 143 (1,334 Views)

@Clair2311

Yeah, AHQ seems pretty glitchy at the moment unfortunately. I was hoping this update would have helped the crashing on these iMacs but it doesn't seem like it has Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 76 of 143 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If it helps, I was unable to play on my 2020 imac 27 for weeks and weeks - tried this morning and it seems to work (vsync on, low-med graphics, but i'll take it). No strange mirror floors, no static glitching during gameplay. I didn't attempt to build or CAS because I didn't want to push my luck. I'll try again later and see if it sticks, but thought it would be worth sharing. Thanks for all the help/tips! 

Message 77 of 143 (1,205 Views)

@MCBK10

Oh that's great! Thanks for reporting back Standard smile Which GPU does your Mac have?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 78 of 143 (1,188 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Nevermind, it's not working again lol This happened a couple of weeks ago, it worked one time and then it didn't work again. AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
Message 79 of 143 (1,186 Views)

@MCBK10

Sigh Frown Thanks for confirming, again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 80 of 143 (1,182 Views)