Sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on mac

by deanna1010

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on mac

Champion

Have you recently restarted your computer? Something may still be trying to process and it didn't fully close out since the game crashed.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 21 (12,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

try this

head over to your documents folder and from there open up Electronic Arts, and then The Sims 4. look and see if you have a file thats called options.ini and if you do go ahead and drag it to your desktop. then try loading the game back up and see if that did anything.

Message 12 of 21 (51,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

great ! thank you so much !!!!

Message 13 of 21 (12,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've moved by options ini folder into the desktop but its still crashing- my sim was looking gorge as well!! :D anyway does anyone know what i can do, its just REALLY annoying....

Message 14 of 21 (12,031 Views)

Champion

Do you have any Mods or CC installed? If so, try removing those for now. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 21 (12,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This worked for me moving options.ini to the desktop. I tried resetting pram, removing related library files to no resolution. I moved mods and tray folders to desktop as well. Just that one file did the trick. I'm not a player but my daughter is happy now.
Message 16 of 21 (10,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same i dont know what to do everything is updated fully
Message 17 of 21 (10,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have that folder in my documents. Could it be the custom content?

Message 18 of 21 (10,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

@robinsky43  The options file should absolutely be in your TS4 folder in Documents; even if it disappeared, the game would generate a new one the next time it loaded.  But regardless, if you're having issues, the first thing to try is to pull your entire TS4 folder out of Documents and place it on your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a fresh, clean folder will spawn, without any of your saves, mods, or cc.  If you can play properly for a little while, it's likely that something in the old folder was causing the problem.  You can then start moving your content from your old folder to your new one, a bit at a time, and testing the game to see if it still runs smoothly.  When it starts crashing again or otherwise misbehaving, you can surmise that whatever you just added to your new folder was causing your issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 21 (10,354 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sims 4 icon in that folder has the apple photo login and everything is in russian.

Message 20 of 21 (5,176 Views)