Sims 4 keeps closing unexpectedly?

by Evelix1014

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 keeps closing unexpectedly?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have absolutely no idea what has happened to my game. I play on a Mac (13 inch, mid 2012). I have tried several things because this is my last resort. I have repaired the game twice and it hasn't worked, and I have split my cc folders but I stopped due to the fact that either time I split them, both worked. I haven't done a huge cc haul recently, either. After about 5 minutes in CAS, Sims suddenly closed and returned to my home screen. I am worried something is going on in my household, because when I opened a new world, the game worked fine, but five minutes after deciding that it was ok to return to my own world again, it closed. What is going on in my game???

Message 1 of 4 (2,794 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 keeps closing unexpectedly?

@Evelix1014

Move your entire Sims 4 folder to the Desktop then launch a new, clean game. Create a sim and play for 10/15 minutes or so - does it crash?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,760 Views)

All Replies

@Evelix1014

Move your entire Sims 4 folder to the Desktop then launch a new, clean game. Create a sim and play for 10/15 minutes or so - does it crash?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 4 (2,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

After 15 minutes, the game closed again and opened a page where it said it closed unexpectedly. I have an idea of what the problem is but I am not sure how to get it out of my game. I downloaded a few households of pre-made sims and put the files in my tray. They showed up but soon after these problems started to occur. How do I find the bugged tray files if that's the problem?

Message 3 of 4 (2,751 Views)

@Evelix1014

They shouldn't be in your Tray folder if you moved the Sims 4 folder to the desktop, the game would have recreated a new one. Have you moved the old Sims 4 folder back and it's crashing again? Or crashing with the new Sims 4 folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 4 (2,730 Views)