❗️ Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

by Tourin12

Original Post

Re: Strange Lines Coming From Sim

Hero
@lilbitlvl Did you test this without mods installed ?

Please give your Mac's specs, especially the graphics card.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 160 (1,113 Views)

Re: Strange Lines Coming From Sim

Hero

@lilbitlvlI've had this happen.  Both the lines and crashing.  And the cause has always been a bad piece of custom content.  In your case it's clothing more than likely.  Usually it is a piece that is old and the base used to create it has been updated in a patch or later expansion, game or stuff pack.  So my suggestion is to look at your CAS cc and do some testing to see if you can make it go away.  It could be anything, not just what that particular sim is wearing in the pictures.

Message 82 of 160 (1,095 Views)

Game Keeps Crashing and Glitching

★ Novice

Hi,

I just installed Sims 4 today and also bought the University Expansion pack, but the game keeps glitching or immediately crashing. It began with the sim models having different skin tones on the face or body to the selected skin, or clipping in CAS and when I tried placing my sims in the world, multiple times the world froze/crashed and turned the screen black in different worlds. The home's floor would turn black and the avatars would clip away before overtaking the whole screen and freezing. I've restarted, repaired and reinstalled the game multiple times and even titled the folder as "The Sims 4 Back Up" so it would create a new folder without needing to reinstall. I am using a Mac, and this issue occurs every time I try and start the game, and I've never installed any custom mods. I even tried playing both the normal version and the legacy version. It didn't even want to run on the normal version of Sims 4, but would have these issues on the Legacy version.

Version: 10.11.6 (15G22010)

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Memory: 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Hope you can help.

Message 83 of 160 (1,254 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Crashing and Glitching

@FantasyLoving

I've merged your post into this thread on El Capitan. Please update to High Sierra to fix the issues (skip Sierra, it's even worse).

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 84 of 160 (1,194 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes Mac after November 2019 Update

★★★ Newbie

Continuing to have crashing issues. I don’t have any CC/mods. I have removed the game and EA entirely and tried under a new user with no luck. Specs for Mac are:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

iMac

Processor:  3.5 GHz intel core i5

memory: 8 gb 1600 MHz ddr3

Grpahics: AMD Radeon R9 m290x 2048mb

Hoping for a solution soon before I write off sims 4 for good 

Message 85 of 160 (1,179 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes Mac after November 2019 Update

@jbenson88

You need to update to macOS High Sierra or later as El Capitan and Sierra are currently very problematic with the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 86 of 160 (1,170 Views)

Sims 4 not working on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I play the sims 4 on an iMac (27 inch, late 2014) and have been playing the sims on there since mid last year. The game and all my packs seemed to be working fine and i was able to download CC and Mods and they would work. Well when University was released it seemed to just completely break my game. I've removed all my mods and CC, reset my settings in game to default, uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired the game and made sure it was up to date. 

When I go to play TS4 i am able to get to the home page and click create a sim, however, when it goes into this the sim is pitch black and when my mouse goes onto the character they turn pure white. Then when I move the mouse away it creates holes in their face like it's transparent and then the sim glitches out and it's body is all over the place. When i go straight into a household it is usually fine until i click build mode, where the game will freeze, it can't be quit and I have to reset my whole computer. I haven't been able to play the sims since university was released (haven't even played the pack yet ): ) and it's really bugging me on why the game is broken. 

PS I know it is only the sims 4 that is broken because i can still do everything normally on origin and my computer, I play TS Medieval through origin and another game unrelated to the sims. 

My Mac details are in the picture added. 

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Message 87 of 160 (1,132 Views)

Need desperate help with Sims 4!!!!!

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I need desperate help with my game!!

I have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-Inch, Late 2015)

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8gb 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

I’ve been playing the sims4 on it for years and everything as been fine. The game settings were all on high and there never a problem.

Then recently my boyfriend bought me Island Living & university & since I installed them everything’s gone wrong!

Firstly it was just the graphics. Lines coming out of sims heads, houses glitching etc.

So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and nothing changed.

I tried the ‘repair game’ option in Origin & this did not fix it.

After several attempts at unstalling and reinstalling – the game started crashing. When I tried to play a household & sometimes just loading the game it just made my whole computer crash.

I looked online and did the thing where you make a copy of the sims4 folder and then the game generates a new one – but this also did not work.

Eventually id decided to just re-install the base game to see if it was just the expansions that were the problem… but now even the base game is unplayable too

Even with all the game settings on Low the game hardly runs..

I don’t know what suddenly changed?? It was all fine up until I got these new expansions and now I can’t play it anymore

Is it a case that my iMac is now suddenly too old to handle the game?

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Message 88 of 160 (1,172 Views)

Re: Need desperate help with Sims 4!!!!!

@Bazzycat

Are you running macOS 10.11 El Capitan?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 89 of 160 (1,172 Views)

Re: Need desperate help with Sims 4!!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Yes its OS X El Capitan 

Version 10.11.6

Why? Can you help? Standard smile

Message 90 of 160 (1,168 Views)