Re: sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Moving Lines Appear Out of Sims/Pets

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora is this just for the newer el Capitan? Because I have had sims 4 on my mac since 2015 and I've never had issues until now
Message 121 of 160 (758 Views)

@amyhouser10

As you can see from this thread I have moved your post to, the game is currently not working well in El Capitan. You can either update to High Sierra and get back into your game or wait until hopefully EA fix it.

There is no newer El Capitan, it last had a proper update (excluding security updates) in July 2016.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 122 of 160 (749 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora just updated my mac book to high sierra & everything is working fine as of now! thanks so much for you help Standard smile
Message 123 of 160 (715 Views)

Re: Strange Lines Coming From Sim

★★★ Newbie

This exact thing happened to me and i figured it out today. El Capitan isn't working with sims 4 right now you either need to update ur mac to High Sierra 10.13 or wait for EA to figure it out. I updated and it works so far so good Standard smile

Message 124 of 160 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@dotigyal Did you ever figure out a fix for this problem? I just starting playing my game again after a few months and the exact same glitch is happening to me. The only thing I changed was updated the game when I opened Origin last weekend. I have spent a few hours trying to get mine to work, I've tried (not in any order):

• Move the Sims 4 folder onto desktop so the game starts a new folder - glitch still there
  • Uninstall origin & the sims 4 as per @Bluebellflora tutorials to do so on her website
  • Check my system requirements to ensure they are sufficient to run the sims (they are)
  • Play with my graphics settings
  • Remove all CC
  • Delete options file in my Sims 4 so that the game generates a new one

I'm at work right now but when I get home I will post my computer specs. I'll also post a screenshot of the glitch I'm experiencing.

Message 125 of 160 (712 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora computer specs are:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

Few screenshots showing the glitch, first one on a lot with no house on it, a few at the park in Willow Creek.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.11.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.47.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.47.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.47.25 PM.png

I also forgot that when I was playing around with the game trying to get it to work last night I got this message after my computer crashed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.36.08 PM.jpg

If I tried closing Origin and then reopening it a dialog box would come up and say that Origin was open by another user and would have to be closed before I could open it again. If I restarted my computer and reopened Origin it would open.

I can start and load the Sims, load a neighbourhood, load a household but once I get to the lot it glitches. Then it crashes or I have to force shut down my computer because the screen freezes with the rainbow wheel turning indefinitely.

When I played my game last in the summer I had no issues at all. I've been playing the Sims since the first game and I have never had these issues before. It's so strange. Hoping something can be done to get my game working. I was so stoked to play.

Message 126 of 160 (694 Views)
Highlighted

@kelly_johnson89

Your issue is El Capitan. Update your Mac to 10.13.6 High Sierra or later to get your game working again - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-issues-with-Mac-OS-X-El-Capitan/td-p/8441782

AHQSigImage.png
Message 127 of 160 (649 Views)

Glitch and keeps crashing

★ Novice

Hey! 

I’ve recently tried to play Sims 4 again after a few years away, it has always worked previously on my MacBook with no issues whatsoever but now I’ve began to play again as soon as I’m in gameplay I’m constantly getting glitches(images attached). The glitches can happen during any part of gameplay and not just on the sim itself. It also quite often freezes during the plum bob loading screen.

I’ve repaired the game several times, tried laptop mode, uninstalled and reinstalled and also tried graphics on lowest and resolution on lowest but it still glitches or freezes. 

Also checked that my mac is updated and it is. Rarely use my MacBook so the memory/storage isn’t full.

Any help would be great! Thank you Standard smile 

Message 128 of 160 (693 Views)

Re: Glitch and keeps crashing

@Jessica2625

Are you running 10.11.6 El Capitan?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 129 of 160 (683 Views)

Re: Glitch and keeps crashing