Re: Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

by MuseByDesign

Original Post

@yuki_mekishiko @Tourin12 @MuseByDesign @ZerpaSimRoo @SherwoodSpirit 

You don’t have to update to Mojave, High Sierra will do. Skip Sierra as the game does not currently work in it.

Direct link to the App Store for High Sierra - 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?ls=1&mt=12

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 160 (3,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

I talked with EA tech support finally, he tried to help me troubleshoot, and after everything it turns out that it’s a known issue and we will just have to wait until Origin fixes the problem. 

Message 22 of 160 (1,433 Views)

@Tourin12

Or you can update to High Sierra.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 23 of 160 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BluebellfloraEl Capitan is still listed as supported in system requirements. It is metal capable and 64 bit. I can not upgrade past El Capitan or I won't be able to use Adobe CS6, which I need. I've spent a considerable amount of time researching this and everything I've read says I should be able to play Sims 4 with my current system. It seems to me EA broke something with the patch. Surely they'll patch again to fix it?

Message 24 of 160 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora What does that mean exactly?
Message 25 of 160 (1,387 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thank you so much! Updating to High Sierra solved all my issues. I was able to load the game and play it normally, at least for the hour that I spent testing it out to make sure there were no glitches or crashes, of which there were none.

For those still wondering, El Capitan is about 4 versions back from Catalina, and I actually didn't know I was that far behind in OS updates. My biggest fear was updating to a newer OS because as I said in my other post, I am running OLD adobe creative suite programs and my biggest fear is breaking those because Adobe's monthly subscription plan is out of my budget. But I was able to download a Java plugin that made those work for High Sierra, so I am happy. Thank you!
Message 26 of 160 (1,379 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SherwoodSpirit I am running Adobe CS5.5 and I was able to download a Java plugin that allows them to work in High Sierra. CS6 should have a Java plugin available too I would imagine... I backed up my computer first before updating, to be safe, but once I had High Sierra installed, when I opened Illustrator it prompted me to download the plugin and everything was peachy after that.
Message 27 of 160 (1,376 Views)

@Tourin12

It means update your Mac from El Capitan to High Sierra. I provided a link in my previous post to the download in the App Store.

@SherwoodSpirit

Yes I am aware that it should work however it doesn’t. Updating to HS will fix that for you. Or you can sit and wait for EA to fix it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 28 of 160 (1,459 Views)

★ Guide
@MuseByDesign It's good to know you're able to run CS5. I've read about the Java plugin, but you're the first person I've heard that verified that it still works. Thanks for your answer. I may try this if EA doesn't release a patch.
Message 29 of 160 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thank you!!
Message 30 of 160 (1,451 Views)