Re: Sims 4 games won't save and I have to start over every time I open the game

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 games won't save and I have to start over every time I open the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all!!   Hoping someone can help.

I have gone through the forums and can't seem to find the answer.

Basically, for the last couple months I have not been able to load my previous games and have had to literally start over every time I opened the sims.   It got to the point where I literally just never turned the game off and left it running on my mac all the time.   Obviously every time there was an update I would lose the data and start over - so this has been super frustrating.

After looking through the forums, I noticed something about removing the EA folder from iCloud and downloading the games to the computer itself.   I did this, and really old saved games popped up, but none of the ones I have created within the last few months which are the ones I'm really concerned about.   The thing is, I can't simply turn off my documents folder in iCloud because I need the documents folder to be backed up in iCloud.

Does anyone know how to get ALL of my games back??   Or any other helpful tips that I'm missing?? Raised eyebrow

Desperate here!!!

Thanks so much,

285SouthRoswell:eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 2 (905 Views)

Re: Sims 4 games won't save and I have to start over every time I open the game

@285SouthRoswell 

I wrote a simple guide here - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Apple's page here will also help you - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206985

Your saves must be stored locally on your Mac, not in your iCloud Drive.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (890 Views)