Sims 4 games unable to be downloaded onto new computer

by shannonamanda84

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 games unable to be downloaded onto new computer

★ Novice

Hi I had all Sims 4 and stuff packs excluding movie night stuff pack downloaded onto and installed onto my mac computer. The Sims 4 and get together i bought the discs but the rest is bought online from origin. I have now changed to a different mac computer with a better video card and have redownload origin app for the computer but when I go to download the games back onto the new computer it is not working. I press download and it roughly takes nearly 2 hours to download but then at the end when i go to play it, it shows up as not being downloaded. I have deleted origin and reinstalled it again 5 times now and still the same thing is. I am at a loss at what to do and don't want to have to pay again for the games i have already paid for.

Message 1 of 6 (315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 games unable to be downloaded onto new computer

[ Edited ]

@shannonamanda84

Unfortunately the game won't run on your Mac because it does not meet the minimum requirements:

Minimum OS – Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5)
CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
RAM – At least 4Gb RAM
Hard Drive – At least 10Gb of free space with at least 1Gb additional space for custom content
Video – NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM (VRAM) of 256 MB or better
Input – Keyboard and Mouse
Online Requirements: Internet Connection required for product activation

You haven't stated which graphics card you have but on a Mac with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz processor it may not meet the minimum requirements.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)

All Replies

@shannonamanda84

You don't have to pay for the games again. Once they are registered to your account they're yours.

Have you installed any software on your new Mac that you didn't have on the old one?

After it has downloaded does it not say install when you click on the game in Origin?

In Origin go to Origin > Preferences > Advanced and click on Browse Game Installers. Are there any installers in the folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (302 Views)

★ Novice
I've checked and there are no installers. What's should I do now?
Message 3 of 6 (294 Views)

@shannonamanda84

Are you sure you have enough disk space on your computer to install the game? You should have about 15Gb free at least. Check by clicking on the Apple logo, top left then About This Mac then Storage and see how much is free.

If you have enough disk space left but it still isn't working then I think you should do a completely clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin and Sims 4:

1. Download and run the Origin reset tool from here - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
  2. Drag the Origin app. from your Applications folder to the Trash.
  3. Drag the Sims 4 app. from your Applications folder to the Trash
  4. Move out the Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts onto your desktop. This contains your saves, CC etc.
  5. Empty the Trash, restart your Mac, re-download and install Origin then download and install the game.

What Mac do you have? When you click on About This Mac it will tell you. Please can you provide the details here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (288 Views)

★ Novice
I have Mac OS X version 10.6.8

Processor 2 ghz Intel core 2 duo
Memory 8gb 13333 MHz ddr3
Message 5 of 6 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]

@shannonamanda84

Unfortunately the game won't run on your Mac because it does not meet the minimum requirements:

Minimum OS – Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5)
CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
RAM – At least 4Gb RAM
Hard Drive – At least 10Gb of free space with at least 1Gb additional space for custom content
Video – NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM (VRAM) of 256 MB or better
Input – Keyboard and Mouse
Online Requirements: Internet Connection required for product activation

You haven't stated which graphics card you have but on a Mac with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz processor it may not meet the minimum requirements.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)