Re: Sims 4 game packs aren't showing up in my game

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 game packs aren't showing up in my game

★ Novice

Hi, I've just got a new Mac Book and downloaded origin and I also had to download every pack I've got and they all downloaded but a few packs aren't registering. like I've gone into the game to see if the items from the packs are in build mode and nothing is there. I did not have this issue with my last computer but now its happening.. I've Repaired my sims 4 game in origin 3 times and it still doesn't work, I've tried uninstalling origin then installing it again but that didn't work either.... please help me!!! 

Message 1 of 8 (1,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

@NeishyBear98

The only way to play them is by running the current version of the game, not legacy, on a Metal supported Mac. If your MacBook Air is a 2013 model it supports Metal so can run the current version, although it may struggle due to being not very powerful.

There is no way to run the packs on your 2010 iMac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,432 Views)

All Replies

@NeishyBear98

What does it say under the packs in your Origin games library? Does it say Play/Download/Installed?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@BluebellfloraEvery pack I have says installed and the 5 of the packs that isn't showing up 3 are expansion packs, 1 game pack and the other a stuff pack. they all say details instead of play but the ones that have shown up in the game some of them say details too. I've also got the sims4 legacies installed as well 

Message 3 of 8 (1,469 Views)

@NeishyBear98 

Not all packs are compatible with the Legacy Edition https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Mac-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M226...

If you have a new Mac, new as in a current model, it shouldn't be running the Legacy edition even if you downloaded it. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bluebellfloraits a second hand IMac and the details of the Mac say its a mid 2010 model, my last computer was a 11 inch Mac book air and bought it new in 2013

Message 5 of 8 (1,454 Views)

@NeishyBear98

If it’s a 2010 model iMac it cannot run the current version of the game so you are stuck with the Legacy Edition which does not support packs released since October/November 2019. All the info you need is in my previous link to the Legacy Edition master thread.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,442 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora is there any way possible I can play these game packs at all? dream home decorator, discover university, Eco life, Snowy escape and tiny living. I enjoy building on the sims 4 and the dream home decorator game pack is what I've been waiting for a long time. how can I play these games pack?
Message 7 of 8 (1,436 Views)

@NeishyBear98

The only way to play them is by running the current version of the game, not legacy, on a Metal supported Mac. If your MacBook Air is a 2013 model it supports Metal so can run the current version, although it may struggle due to being not very powerful.

There is no way to run the packs on your 2010 iMac.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,433 Views)