Re: Sims 4 freezes on save screen! iOS

by kathilam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 freezes on save screen! iOS

★ Novice

Catalina 10.15.6

I literally just got this MacBook Air (2020) yesterday and the game freezes on me. Note I have been on all of the lowest game settings. I've been on the forums for hours now and I've contacted apple support, but they say it's a problem with the game not apple themselves. Please tell me how to fix this I've tried everything it seems. This is my first MacBook, and for the price I paid I expected to be able to play a basic game like sims.

The problems started happening after I installed the City living and Dining Out bundle... things were saving fine before then. Thanks so much for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

@kathilam

Thanks. Your Intel Iris graphics chip is supported which is good, no need to add it manually. Do you have Mods/CC installed? If so, have you removed the Mods folder to see if it helps?

Trash the Options.ini file form your Sims 4 folder. This will reset the default graphics options.

Make sure you have Origin in-game disabled too - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (547 Views)

All Replies

@kathilam

The Sims 4 is not a basic game. It requires considerable graphics power to run consistently. MacBook Airs are not designed for gaming. They have very low spec. processors and integrated graphics. With MacBook Airs you're not paying for power, you're paying for portability.

Having said that, you should be able to play with some packs installed on low settings with a low screen resolution. Could you post a screenshot of your in-game graphics options and also attach the Config.log file from the Sims 4 folder. Your Intel chip may not yet be in the GraphicsCards.sgr file.

If you've added CC/Mods to your game move out the Mods folder and see if it helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 5 (570 Views)

★ Novice

Hi thanks for your help. That being said I should have done some research before I committed to this game on my MacBook Air. 

Here are the attached files. Thanks so much

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 3 of 5 (555 Views)

@kathilam

Thanks. Your Intel Iris graphics chip is supported which is good, no need to add it manually. Do you have Mods/CC installed? If so, have you removed the Mods folder to see if it helps?

Trash the Options.ini file form your Sims 4 folder. This will reset the default graphics options.

Make sure you have Origin in-game disabled too - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 5 (548 Views)

★ Novice

Hey! I did everything you listed and it seems to work. Saves really fast also

Thanks so much for your help cheers

Message 5 of 5 (533 Views)