Re: Sims 4 freezes my whole laptop when i try to load it - aug 16th update

by mizginxroj

Original Post

Champion

@sametaflowers actually it probably is what is causing the problem. As was stated before, Mojave is still in Beta testing and won't be fully supported until October or so. While it may not have caused problems in the past, it could be causing problems now especially with the updates most recently released and with any future updates released between now and when Mojave is released. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 18 (672 Views)

@sametaflowers

Were you running the same Mojave build or installed an update before it stopped working?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 18 (664 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 13 of 18 (649 Views)

@KeeganPond  You can also try the other advice offered in this thread:  Run the Origin reset tool for macs and disable Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The other thing you can try is to pull your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  If you can launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Play in a new game that folder for a bit, just to make sure everything works, and then you can start moving your saves and other content into it from your old folder.

However, if this is a compatibility issue between Mojave and TS4, it may be difficult if not impossible to sort out right now.  As Mojave is still in beta, it's not fully supported; this is when the issues are supposed to be worked out.  Still, it's worth trying the various troubleshooting steps to see if anything at all can help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 18 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me. I also have MacOS Mojave but TS4 worked flawlessly and then a few days ago it froze when bouncing up on the dock. However, after 5-10 minutes after freezing, the game launches. TS3 is working so I am just playing that until the issue is fixed. Btw I have tried Reset Origin and tried moving the folder to my desktop but nothing happened. Also, when I took screenshots they were upside down. I guess the patch broke all Mac Users' game. If it were because of Mojave, then I'd guess that we would have to wait until The Apple Event on 12 September 2018, where they are going to release the new OS.

P.S. are my specs good for the game?

Screenshot 2018-09-02 at 01.30.20.png

Message 15 of 18 (605 Views)

Champion

The screenshots being reversed is a known issue and is being worked on.

If you can play TS4 before you updated to Mojave, then you're good to go.

Message 16 of 18 (590 Views)

★★★ Novice

idk what happened, but before i disabled origin in game and then removed my sims 4 folder and the game still froze. and today after i updated (i downloaded it late i think) I decided to see if sims would work and now it does!! idk if this is just me but i'm beyond happy that its back again

Message 17 of 18 (533 Views)

Champion

Before today, Mojave was in Beta which tests how apps and programs will work on the new OS. Since today 9/24/2018, the new OS is live and all functionality should work. Please remember though to disable Origin In Game as it will cause your games to not work properly.

Message 18 of 18 (517 Views)