Sims 4 folder in EA folder (Mac)

by Keifer32

Original Post

Sims 4 folder in EA folder (Mac)

★ Apprentice

I haven't played The Sims 4 in a while. Becuase I got into steam games, Now I want to download some mods For the sims 4 on my mac. I go to my ea folder and find no sims 4 folder. I only play sims 4. Everything is Updated. I go ahead and put my mac type and all that stuff 

Message 1 of 24 (1,016 Views)

Re: Sims 4 folder in EA folder (Mac)

@Keifer32 

Have you launched the game yet?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 24 (1,001 Views)

Re: Sims 4 folder in EA folder (Mac)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah, Alot of times I found the file. But Now It won't load my 5 person house hold. I'm new to gaming on the mac..... and I went out for about an half an hour and Its still loading

Message 3 of 24 (965 Views)

Sims 4 doesn't load household

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I have a 5 person household that I just created. 2 of them are vampires the rest are humans. So I'm loading up the household and I get stuck on the loading screen. when I try to edit the house I get kicked out of the game and on to the world select menu. No its not a problem with mods because I don't have any. I just updated the game as well. Its not just this household it does it with every house, world and household

Message 4 of 24 (1,002 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doesn't load household

@Keifer32

Upload the family to the Gallery then quit the game, move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and relaunch the game so it is like new again. Start a new game and see if the same thing happens. If it works ok then download the family from the Gallery back into your game and see if it works ok or breaks again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 24 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I did that already and yes it does it again, I made a random one and it doesn't work. should I try my laptop?

Message 6 of 24 (911 Views)

@Keifer32

Can you upload your save for me to try? Either put the link here to the save or PM me with it.

Could you also attach any lastCrash or lastException files in your Sims 4 folder. you will need to open in TextEdit and remove the "xml" from the first line before attaching.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 24 (903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

how? (Sorry I'm new to these forms..) You should note that I get an error message when I start up a world 

Message 8 of 24 (893 Views)

@Keifer32

The save file is in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves and will end in .save. Any other files that end in ver are backups, I don't need those. If you have multiple saves ending in .save please upload the latest by date. You can upload to a file sharing site like Google Drive/Dropbox/Mediafire and then give me the link here or PM it to me.

What is the error message you get?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 24 (855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'll get the google drive open (I should be realagent7)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QX1l9VDRucCogenBrFBJvY9rXwqnmhZ5/view?usp=sharing

I have uploaded the error message as well.

Please tell me when you have gotten my save. I'll close the link after

Message 10 of 24 (842 Views)