Sims 4 extremely long loading screens (Mac)

by iamkerri

Original Post

Sims 4 extremely long loading screens (Mac)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What about if you have a Mac?

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:Mac (27” iMac)

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, dine out, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, island living, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, seasons, spa day, strangerville, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, fitness stuff, movie hangout stuff, my first pet stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I get stuck on the Sims 4 loading screen, it takes like 10 minutes there, then if i go into CAS to download a sim off the gallery another 15 min, it’s like every time the gan needs to LOAD anything its 1000x slower than it was before.

What do you expect to see? I expect to play the game without delays (like i understand a 2 minute loading screen but this is like really bad)

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I have uninstalled the game, removed the sims 4 folder, re-installed a clean version of the game. Still freezing / not working

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes the game worked flawlessly before.

Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch on November 10 2020 Origin won’t let me play the game without updating.

edited title to reflect content.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 2 (199 Views)

Re: Sims 4 extremely long loading screens (Mac)

@iamkerri  I've split your post out of the original thread because it was for Windows players whose games wouldn't load at all.  You'll get platform-specific help in the Mac section.

In the meantime, please post the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)