★★★ Novice

I found it and it has a check box, so that's not it Frown

Message 11 of 22 (5,175 Views)

Re: Pop-up on Sims 4, saying to block content, now cant unblock

★★ Guide
Message 12 of 22 (5,140 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doesn't save on mac

★★ Guide
@Milleskov Bummer. In your Documents folder do you see an "Electronic Arts" folder? What happens if you:

1. Make sure The Sims 4 is not running
2. Move/rename the "Electronic Arts" folder ("Electronic Arts_bkp" is a good option)
3. Launch The Sims 4. Verify that it creates a new Electronic Arts folder, and that that folder then contains a "The Sims 4" folder and there are lots of files within it
4. See if saving actually works

?
Message 13 of 22 (21,539 Views)

★★★ Novice

No there is no Electronic Arts folder Frown

Message 14 of 22 (5,224 Views)

★★ Guide

@MilleskovReally? That seems somewhat unpossible. Are you actually opening the Documents folder or are you using Spotlight search to try to find it (Spotlight search will not show it).

Just for fun, what happens if you do these things:

( 1 ) Let's just go to the folder!
In Finder hold Shift+Comand+G or pull down the Go menu and select "Go to folder...". In the dialog box that opens type: ~/Documents/Electronic Arts

Does Finder take you to this folder and open it, or does it "beep" and take you to Documents instead?

( 2 ) Let's use auto-complete!

As above, in Finder press Shift+Command+G. In the dialog box that opens type: ~/Documents/Ele[TAB] (where [TAB]is your tab key). Does that string then auto-complete to "~/Documents/Electronic Arts/"?

( 3 ) Let's manually make the directories!

If ( 1 ) and ( 2 ) don't bring happiness, let's see what happens if we just create the directories ourselves. To do this there are two options:

( a ) In Finder go to your Documents folder. Press Shift+Command+N or select New Folder Finder's File menu. A new folder will be created called Untitled. Rename it to "Electronic Arts" (no quotes). Go into this folder and repeat the steps above. Name this new folder "The Sims 4" (again, no quotes).

( b ) Use the command line. Open Terminal.app from your Utilities folder. In the shell window that opens type this exact command (punction is very important; be very precise):

mkdir -p "~/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/"

After you enter this command and hit "Return" the Electronic Arts and The Sims 4 folders will be created. It's a good idea to double-check this from within the Finder (see above).

Now try start The Sims from Origin. Do a bunch of files and folders get created inside the folders you just created?

Message 15 of 22 (5,162 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 I've tried all these steps and it is not loading either. the icon pops up at the bottom of the screen and then disappears back to Origin. I definitely blocked the game altogether but cant seem to unblock it
Message 16 of 22 (5,199 Views)

★★ Guide
@hayleyo9 Ah. The behavior you're describing (TS4 icon appears in dog briefly, the goes away) is different than being unable to create saves, etc. It's a really good idea to verify the TS4 app has permissions to access the Documents folder (see my answer on Page 1), but it is very likely not the root cause of the problem you're seeing.

It can't hurt to check to see if "Origin In Game" is disabled for TS4 in the Origin client. Unfortunately I'm not real familiar with the Origin client and can't really * you through these steps. Some quick searching will probably point you in the right direction though.

Good luck!
Message 17 of 22 (5,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay, so I got it to work, finally!

Do I just delete the "old" electronic Arts folder? (The one I renamed)

Message 18 of 22 (5,131 Views)

★★ Guide
@Milleskov Unless there are game-saves, or screen shots, or tray items in there or mods or something you want to preserve - yeah, you can just delete it. If there ARE things you want to preserve then copy the contents of those folders from the old backed-up Electronic Arts folder into the new folders that have been created.

Happy simming!
Message 19 of 22 (5,127 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 I accidentally rejected the request after the update and now it just doesn't load. I have re downloaded origin and TS4 game, how can i unblock it?
Message 20 of 22 (4,992 Views)