Re: Sims 4 doesn't save on mac

by dzm06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 doesn't save on mac

★★★ Novice

I finally got Sims 4 to work on my Mac, but even though I'm saving my games, it's gone the next time I open Sims 4.

This is what I do, step by step:

1. Make a household.

2. Saving the game

3. Exiting game

When I open it up again my saved games are gone...

Message 1 of 22 (16,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide
@Milleskov Bummer. In your Documents folder do you see an "Electronic Arts" folder? What happens if you:

1. Make sure The Sims 4 is not running
2. Move/rename the "Electronic Arts" folder ("Electronic Arts_bkp" is a good option)
3. Launch The Sims 4. Verify that it creates a new Electronic Arts folder, and that that folder then contains a "The Sims 4" folder and there are lots of files within it
4. See if saving actually works

?

View in thread

Message 13 of 22 (21,531 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@Milleskov What version of macOS are you on? Are you running the most current TS4 patch?
Message 2 of 22 (16,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im using version macOS Catalina vers. 10.15

Message 3 of 22 (16,536 Views)

★★ Guide
@Milleskov Have you installed the latest patch from Origin (it was released on Oct 23)? Prior versions have compatibility problems with Catalina's new security features.
Message 4 of 22 (16,531 Views)

★★★ Novice
Well i downloaded Origin Yesterday, so i guess it’s the new Version?🤔

Message 5 of 22 (16,513 Views)

★★ Guide
When you launch the Sims and get to the main menu, what number is at the bottom of the screen (white text against blue background)?

Also - when you first launched the Sims you would have been prompted to allow access to the Documents directory. Did you accidentally reject this request, or do you not recall getting prompted at all?
Message 6 of 22 (16,494 Views)

Pop-up on Sims 4, saying to block content, now cant unblock

★★★★★ Novice

I loaded the game on my Mac , the past couple days the game was having issues loading. I finally got it working today and i receive a pop up stating this game is carrying files that are affected - do you want to allow? i said no because i assumed thats why it was lagging the last couple days. But now i blocked the whole game and it wont load at all, how can i undo the block, Ive read other places where its okay and you can just allow.

Where on my mac can i unblock this?

thanks

Message 7 of 22 (16,440 Views)

Betreff: Pop-up on Sims 4, saying to block content, now cant unblock

@hayleyo9 

I moved your thread to the Sims 4 Mac section.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 22 (16,433 Views)

★★★ Novice

It says version 1.56.55.1220.

I can't imagine that I didn't allow access, but how do I check? Just in case..

Message 9 of 22 (16,464 Views)

★★ Guide
@Milleskov Go to System Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Privacy. In the list on the left of the panel (starts with "Location Services") scroll down until you see "Files and Folders". Select that, and then on the list on the right scroll down until you see The Sims 4. Make sure the "Documents Folder" has a check box next to it. The Sims 4 keeps it saves, etc in the Documents folder and needs to have access to work.
Message 10 of 22 (16,459 Views)