Re: Sims 4 crashing on mac

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims 4 crashing on mac

★ Novice

I've tried just about everything. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled, I've removed all my mods and didn't put any back in, I repaired, I removed options.ini but nothing has helped. No matter what i do i get the same thing. The game opens, black screen for a minute. It crashes, without fail. I don't know what to do all I want is to play my game. It worked fine a few days ago. Please help.

Message 1 of 5 (580 Views)

@AngerTaterTot  Try running the Origin reset tool for macs and disabling Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that alone doesn't help, you can also try pulling your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again (if it launches), a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can load a new save and play for a bit, just to make sure everything works, you can start testing your mods.  Keep in mind that some of them might be incompatible with the latest patch level, so you might have to get rid of a few or download updated versions.  Once you have the clean game folder working to your satisfaction, you can move your saves and the rest of your content into it from your old folder.

If you can't launch the game even after removing your game folder from Documents, please post your specs here, as described in the following post.  Please also list the packs you have installed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (572 Views)

★ Novice

As stated before I wiped all the mods from my sims 4 so there are no mods installed, I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the sims. I tried the other options you gave me today and still the same thing, it opens up, black screen, stops responding forcing me to force quit.

My specs 

• Operating System (Version) - MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6
  • Mac model - Mac mini late 2012
  • Processor -

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

• Memory (Ram) - 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Message 3 of 5 (549 Views)

@AngerTaterTot  I did read that you'd removed all of your mods, but I still suggested a clean folder because other files inside it might be corrupt.  (The game folder is separate from the program files and wouldn't be automatically deleted during the uninstall.)  The clean folder test/factory reset is the best first step to troubleshooting TS4 issues whether you've ever used third-party content or not.  Knowing whether the game will launch in a clean folder will help narrow down the source of this issue.

It would also be useful to know which packs you're running.  And do you really have only 6 GB RAM, or is that a typo?  (The max for your model is 16 GB, and the amount of memory you have installed could be an issue here.)

You might also try starting the game in windowed mode.  I'm not totally sure how to do this on a mac; these are instructions for Windows, but hopefully they'll work for you too:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

You can change from Full screen to Windowed mode in "View" found in the menu bar at the top of the screen or use CONTROL, COMMAND and the Letter "F" to toggle between the two views.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (515 Views)