Re: Sims 4 crashing on Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@juliadsi  Could you please list the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, as well as the effects they had, if any?  For example, I tried turning down my graphics to their minimum settings, and I still couldn't load a house, or I pulled my game folder out of Documents, letting a new one spawn, and I created a family and played them for a bit, but once I quit and reloaded, I couldn't get into their house anymore.  This kind of information helps narrow down the source of your issues, and it keeps us from recommending tactics you've already tried.

Please also list the packs you have installed.  Some, like Seasons, require stronger hardware than you have if they're going to run at anything other than the lowest settings.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 51 of 63 (1,910 Views)

★★ Novice
i tried to repair my game on origin, i also uninstalled and installed it again. and i lowered my graphics as well, it still
didn’t work
Message 52 of 63 (1,907 Views)

@juliadsi  Try pulling your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop (not just pieces, the entire thing).  Then launch the game again.  Create a sim or two—they don't have to be anything special—and move them into a house.  Then try to play them.  Does the game still crash?

Also, please list the packs you have installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 53 of 63 (1,896 Views)

★★ Novice
i will do, thanks Standard smile
i have city living, get famous, cats & dogs, spa day, dine out, perfect patio stuff
Message 54 of 63 (1,895 Views)

★★ Novice

i did that, it’s still not working. Frown 

Message 55 of 63 (1,867 Views)

@juliadsi

Is it loading at all? How far can you get before it crashes?

Could you disable Origin in-game and see if that helps - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 56 of 63 (1,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 Are we supposed to delete all items in those folders listed? I see the folders but not sure what to do
Message 57 of 63 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tremayne4260 where is the "go
" you're talking about.
Message 58 of 63 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn’t work for me, my sims is still crashing like crazy! I’ve spent so much money on this game and now I can’t even play for 10 mins! Can somebody help me?

Message 59 of 63 (984 Views)

@annabrouwers 

There are many reasons why the game crashes. Have you read through the compiled list of Mac specific issues, stickied at the top of this forum, to see if you have a model Mac that is known to have problems with the game?

There is also a FAQ detailing basic troubleshooting steps to try.

If you’re still having issues after reading those threads and trying the troubleshooting, please start your own thread detailing exactly what you have tried and the exact spec of your Mac including OS.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 60 of 63 (981 Views)