Re: Sims 4 crashing on Mac

by Madonna66

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

SIMS 4 crashed this morning, right after my daughter bought an expansion pack. Tried getting rid of custom content. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing is working. 

Pls help. 

Thanks!

Message 11 of 63 (8,815 Views)

Champion

You'll see the instructions on the first page on what to do to move the Sims 4 folder. If none of these suggestions work, try repairing the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 63 (8,805 Views)

★★★ Novice

you have to download origin cause u just deleted everything then

Message 13 of 63 (8,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did not work for me. Although I have a Macbook Air. Still, there isn't that big of a difference, is there? Any tips, I'm getting super frustrated.

Message 14 of 63 (8,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I knew if I disabled all of my mods and CC would eliminate most of the crashing on my mac while playing the Sims 4, I looked for other alternatives  besides disabling all of my content that I love. This did wonders for me, and I hope it works for some of you also!!

1. eliminate all .package files that do not have a data size (i.e. 0mb)

2. move all non .jpg and .png (image) files to another folder

3. cc mods in the Mods folder cannot be in subfolders (mac-only problem)

4. remove all duplicates. This is a 2-step process

a. eliminate duplicate files renamed with "-1" and "-2" (etc) in the file name. This is how macs automatically rename duplicates

b. many cc designers offer both individual and merged content when designing set. If you have both the individual items and the merged file, this will cause a major conflict that the Sims 4 cannot resolve on its own. I did this by searching the files with "merged" in the name, then re-searching for similar names in the folder and deleting one of the versions.

I'm pretty sure resolving the duplicates in the Mods folder was the biggest fix I made and haven't crashed since.

Good luck!!!

Message 15 of 63 (8,172 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I cannot find the origin folder in the library 

I am rly confused

can u pls help me out???

Message 16 of 63 (8,158 Views)

★ Novice

rYou need actually search for Origin within the Library. For some reason, it hides in mine, too.

Message 17 of 63 (8,137 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ahh that advice worked for me! Thank you!

Message 18 of 63 (8,051 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe just try to download it back on internet (how you got the app) and then sign in your account and the games should be there!

Message 19 of 63 (7,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I need help mines crashing like your guys but sometimes it works. I don't really understand what you guys are saying!!
Message 20 of 63 (7,920 Views)