Re: Sims 4 crashing, macOS Mojave

by MarnieLuna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashing, macOS Mojave

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, my game has been crashing since the latest update. As soon as I select a family it crashes after a minute of game play.

I'm on 

MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.3

Macbook Pro (13 Inch, Mid 2012)

2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Message 1 of 14 (2,526 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Heads up!

I updated to Catalina and the game works again. Try that!

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (2,316 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@MarnieLuna The most recent patch of Mojave from Apple is 10.14.6. Is there any chance you try updating to this version and letting us know if it helps?
Message 2 of 14 (2,450 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've since tried and it still won't work. And it isn't displaying the new update yet.

Message 3 of 14 (2,435 Views)

★★ Guide
@MarnieLuna I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you've done.

You updated to the latest Mojave patch (10.14.6)? This is what you see in Apple Menu -> About this Mac?

And what new update isn't showing? Can you tell me more about what this is?
Message 4 of 14 (2,420 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I updated to that one a day after I posted this. 

The Catalina update wasn't showing yet, but it is now, so I'm currently updating to that as some people have said their game works after that. If this fails I'll have to wait for EA to fix the issue or a gaming laptop. Or have someone I know who speaks computer help me.

Message 5 of 14 (2,419 Views)

★★ Guide
@MarnieLuna Thanks for the clarification. That's a big help!

The Macs that have benefited the most from upgrading have generally been running on macOS Sierra (10.12.6), so I suspect your problem is different than theirs. Still, updating to Catalina might help anyway.

Do you use custom content? Mods? Just as an experiment, have you tried dragging the Electronic Arts folder out of your Documents directory to your Desktop, then launching The Sims 4? This will give you a completely "clean" game and will help us determine if there's something in your existing game that could be causing trouble for you.
Message 6 of 14 (2,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not tried that one. I think I got confused as the way EA wrote it is really outdated, the picture they have used are not relevant at all anymore,  they are like 3 updates ago.

I did but not that much but I deleted it all just after the update as I knew it wouldn't work anymore.

Message 7 of 14 (2,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, I'm on Mojave 10.14.1 and even after completely deleting my Sims 4 folder on my laptop my game still crashes after about 1 minute of game play. Doesn't matter what I'm doing in-game. I've tried repairing the game about 4 times and still find that it's crashing. Any ideas?

Message 8 of 14 (2,400 Views)

@akilljoywannabe

Have you updated your OS as @dzm06 has suggested above?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 14 (2,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Heads up!

I updated to Catalina and the game works again. Try that!

Message 10 of 14 (2,317 Views)