❗️ Sims 4 crashing/freezing, Intel HD 4000

by lillyk2004

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Constantly Crashing

@yadnire 

Have you moved out the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launched the game?

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 102 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have tried moving the Sims 4 folder and still have no luck. I am not running any antivirus. I have tried to repair the game within Origin. I do not have any mods but removed the folder anyway but got nothing.

Here's some more information:

• Operating System: MacOS Mojave 10.14.2
  • Model: Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012
  • Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have not tried to access the game since the end of February but it worked perfectly fine then. I tried to remove the most recent saves and just load the ones from back then and still had the same issue.

Message 12 of 102 (1,086 Views)

@yadnire

Thanks. Could you update Mojave to the current version, 10.14.6. You can do this in System Preferences. If it still isn't working after updating then please create a new user account on your Mac and see if you can successfully launch the game in that account.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 13 of 102 (1,057 Views)

Re: Sims 4 isn't working

★ Novice

Version 10.13.2

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Message 14 of 102 (1,044 Views)

"Sims 4 Quit Unexpectedly" No CC

★ Novice

Hi!

I have Sims 4 and it keeps crashing after like 5 minutes of gameplay no matter what I am doing. I've tried force quitting, redownloading origin, creating a new origin account and purchasing a whole new game, I even tried downloading Legacy Edition in case it was the Metal problem. None of these worked, I haven't been able to finish building my sims house and start my game without it crashing. I've read about this on here and tried everything, as far as I know, I don't have and never downloaded any custom content or mods. 

Please help!!

Message 15 of 102 (1,080 Views)

Re: "Sims 4 Quit Unexpectedly" No CC

@joshthehop 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 102 (1,045 Views)

Re: Sims 4 isn't working

@lillyk2004

Thanks. Could you update High Sierra to 10.13.6, the latest version. With 4Gb RAM your Mac is probably struggling to properly run the game now, especially if you have other apps open. Make sure you have nothing else running on your Mac while you play. You should also have all in-game graphics settings on low.

Try those suggestions first and see if it helps. You could also try a new game folder. Move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch the game. Play a new clean game and see if it still freezes and lags.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 102 (1,025 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

macOS Mojave

version 10.14.2

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor  1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk  Untitled

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Message 18 of 102 (1,025 Views)

@joshthehop

Thanks. You don't need the Legacy Edition because your Mac supports Metal. Are you able to access the Gallery? Are there any recently created files in the Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder?

You should update your Mac to the most recent version of Mojave, 10.14.6. It may be that 4GB RAM just isn't enough now to properly play the game as I've seen a few reports like yours. Make sure all in-game graphics settings are on low too, your Intel 4000 chip is also fairly old.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 19 of 102 (1,017 Views)

@lillyk2004 @joshthehop @yadnire @NeohelixAlbo 

I've merged your posts together as you are all experiencing the exact same issue on pretty much the same Macs with the same Intel HD 4000 graphics. Could you please all make sure your in-game graphics settings are on low and enable laptop mode to see if that helps with the crashing/freezing?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 102 (1,004 Views)