Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing at the house

by auralpics4

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps crashing at the house

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I just received Sims 4 as a gift and after I created a sim for the first time the game crashes. I create a sim, it takes me to the house and right after the tutorial says welcome the game crashes. When I load the sim again or finish creating a new sim the game crashes again in the same spot. I have never played the game before so I don't have any mods or anything like that.

I have tried all the solutions I could find on here. I repaired the game in origin, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, turn off Origin in game, moved the options file and Sims folder to the desktop, and none of that worked.

Please help. I have a mid 2012 13” MacBook Pro.

Thanks
Message 91 of 102 (835 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @auralpics4

Make sure your GPU drivers are all up to date and does your system meet the minimum requirements to run the game properly?

Sims 4 requirements 

Message 92 of 102 (819 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello

How do I check if the GPU drivers are up to date? 

And I have all the requirements except for the video card. It suggest a NVIDIA GTX 650 or better card and I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB card. I don't know if that's good or not.

My specs: 

Mojave 10.14.1

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB Memory

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Message 93 of 102 (808 Views)

@auralpics4 

I’ve merged your post into this thread for users having the same issue on your model Mac. Please update Mojave to 10.14.6. You can do this through System Preferences > Software Update.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 94 of 102 (783 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora thank you. Updating Mojave fixed it.

Message 95 of 102 (754 Views)

Sims 4 Crashing non stop MAC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having trouble with sims 4 crashing even after clearing sims 4 folder to desktop, starting new character, and game, no mods or cc, uninstalling sims 4 and origin and reinstalling, closing origin in the game, and logging out of origin and restarting computer and logging in again. Have also repaired the game multiple times with the same problem. Listed are my computer specs:

• Operating System (Version) - macOS mojave 10.14.3
  • Mac model - MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid 2012)
  • Processor- 2.5 GHz intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM)- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics- Intel HD graphics 4000 1536 MB

Thank you!

Message 96 of 102 (664 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing non stop MAC

@rnc1114

Merged your post into this thread. There's a weird quirk with your specific Mac and old versions of Mojave. Can you update Mojave to 10.14.6 through System Preferences then you should be good to go Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 97 of 102 (657 Views)

Sims 4 crashes randomly

★ Apprentice

Hi guys! I am at my wits end. I've tried everything repairing, uninstalling, etc. I don't know what to do. It may be something so simple to fix, but I just need help. Before the last update in November my game was running fine. After that update, my game has just been unplayable. I decided to wait and see if maybe the next update (recent) would help. So I ended up starting the game, and it still crashed once the world would load. So I decided to just start a new game, fresh. Deleted the Sims 4 folder, uninstalled the game, Origin, and reinstalled everything. Built a new Sim and moved them into the house. The game works fine in CAS. However, when I go to play as the sim it worked fine for a bit, then the game randomly starts to slow down and lag and then it suddenly crashes. It constantly does that. I can't even put anything inside of the house, and the game will start to lag and crash. I've never had this problem before which is odd. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 98 of 102 (590 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes randomly

@RF2291 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 99 of 102 (570 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes randomly

★ Apprentice

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.23.50 PM.png

Sure! Here's the information about my Mac. 

Message 100 of 102 (562 Views)