Re: Sims 4 crashing Mac iOS catalina

by EriSims974

Original Post

@andreaim24

Great! Maybe something else you have running, either an app or maybe a background process, is interfering and causing the crash in the other account. Or it could just be the clean Sims 4 folder. You could move your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop in your usual user account and see if the game crashes, not sure you tried that?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 18 (466 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Hi! I just tried moving the folder to the desktop and I ran the game completely new and free of Mods and Saved games and it seems to be working so far, no sudden crashes, so maybe there’s a mod somewhere causing problems? I thought I had taken out all the broken ones but maybe there’s another one that I’ve missed?
Message 12 of 18 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraI have tried running the game with mods but not the save files and it hasn't crashed so far so i think that the problem has to do with a corrupted save file. How could i find the faulty one?

Message 13 of 18 (449 Views)

★ Guide
@andreaim24 Hi, I'm barging in (and I don't have Catalina) but I do have a Mac though, and I had the same crashing issue and it was definitely a faulty mod. An adult one per se, so if you have one in your game you might want to look for the newest update. The one the modder made after the patch didn't work and according to a lot of gamers, this is what caused the game to crash. He fixed it (though I haven't tested it yet with it when I removed the broken one, the game worked) ^_^
Message 14 of 18 (435 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My problem is although I not new to computers I new to some of lingo you use. I am senior and some of the terms go over my head. What is a mod? If I understand you right starting a new account and re-boot Origin will clear all my problems. What about all the extensions I purchased? I have re-booted Origin twice now and it sill crashes or is very slow. Now the slowness is partly my computer. The is what happened in one the lots in one of the worlds and I can't clear it.

Message 15 of 18 (419 Views)

@andreaim24 

Which ever save you load when you play the game may be the corrupted one.

Launch the game and click on load game then hover over one of the households to see the file path:

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 08.08.00.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 18 (415 Views)

@JCPete 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 18 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EriSims974 Ohh I had no idea that the new mod update wasn't working! Thank you for pointing that out!
Message 18 of 18 (409 Views)