Re: Sims 4 crashes at loading screen (Mac mojave)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashes at loading screen (Mac mojave)

★★★ Novice

Hi guys, in the last 3 days I've encountered a problem where everytime I start up sims 4, it crashes as soon as it goes to the start up loading screen. I've taken out all the Mods/cc in my mods folder, I tried repairing the game through Origin, I deleted the localthumbcache packages file and I tried resetting Origin but no luck.

I've been playing for over a year, no problems starting up until lately. I think it first started 3 days ago after I accidentally quit origin while my sims 4 game was loading up, after that it took forever to load so I had to force quit the game itself. Since then I have never been able to even go past the start up loading screen :/ I'm on a Macbook pro retina (late 2013), Mac mojave 10.14.2.

If anyone has any insight on how to fix this, please let me know!

Message 1 of 4 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thanks for the link, I actually managed to fix it yesterday after following a youtuber's video instructions!

For reference to anyone who has the same problem: Basically I backed up my entire sims 4 folder (It's located in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4) to my desktop/backup hard drive, then deleted the everything in my original Sims 4 folder. Then I added back my saves first (just drag it to your sims 4 folder and replace the original in game folder), tested it and it went fine. Added my Tray folder, everything's okay, then added back my Mods/CC and the game still works fine. So I'm not sure what the original problem was, but it wasn't in any of my saves/tray or mod/cc, but I'm just glad it's working again!

Link to video instructions I followed if anyone else needs it: https://youtu.be/bQC_IQHA3o4

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (407 Views)

All Replies

@floatingparade 

Have you tried this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

You should update your Mac to the last version of Mojave too for stability - 10.14.6.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thanks for the link, I actually managed to fix it yesterday after following a youtuber's video instructions!

For reference to anyone who has the same problem: Basically I backed up my entire sims 4 folder (It's located in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4) to my desktop/backup hard drive, then deleted the everything in my original Sims 4 folder. Then I added back my saves first (just drag it to your sims 4 folder and replace the original in game folder), tested it and it went fine. Added my Tray folder, everything's okay, then added back my Mods/CC and the game still works fine. So I'm not sure what the original problem was, but it wasn't in any of my saves/tray or mod/cc, but I'm just glad it's working again!

Link to video instructions I followed if anyone else needs it: https://youtu.be/bQC_IQHA3o4
Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)

@floatingparade

Yes, that is exactly the same process as the one I linked to........

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)