Re: Extreme Lag After Tiny Living Patch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Okay so playing with retina off is helpful... I put my mods back in and my original save file and it's about as laggy as it usually was before (which isn't much, and I don't mind it because I prefer having mods). But is there any insight on why this would have happened? Was the tiny living patch THAT large? Like I said, I usually have a few issues, i.e. sims freezing in place for a few real time seconds before moving to a new task, slightly longer loading screens, camera sticking at times. But this patch was significantly worse... sims were frozen in place for 5+ real time minutes, the sim game clock would just run along and everyone in the household is frozen.. the cursor won't move so I can select things, and I timed my loading screen from opening the game all the way to getting inside the household to play and it was legitimately 20 minutes long- it's usually just a few minutes like less than 5.

I guess my question is- do I always have to play with retina off now? Or is there something else that could be causing this?

Message 11 of 16 (1,183 Views)
Highlighted

@kimofry12

Not really sure but I‘ve noticed performance issues in my own game since the patch. Is it just the game or does your entire system slow down when you have the game launched? For example, if you play in windowed mode and whilst playing try to use a web browser/email/iTunes or just click somewhere on the desktop? I’ve explained what I mean a little more in this thread I started about system performance whilst playing - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-causes-severe-system-lag-not-in-game-lag/m-p/8...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 16 (1,175 Views)

★ Apprentice

The whole system does slow down yeah. It’s always been like that to some extent though so I always close everything before starting the game. But you’re right it’s way worse now.

Message 13 of 16 (1,168 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kimofry12

Thanks so much for the feedback. I’ve merged your thread into this one, providing your specs. was so helpful, thank you Standard smile

Would you be able to just state which version of macOS you’re running?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 16 (1,125 Views)

★ Apprentice

No problem! I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 - the most current version i’m pretty sure.

Message 15 of 16 (1,101 Views)

Re: ❗️ Sims 4 causes severe system lag (not in-game lag)

This appears to have been fixed in the July 2022 patch, 1.90.358.1230.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 16 (2,446 Views)