Sims 4 app bounces up and down on the dock, game won't open

by pinot_grigio3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 app bounces up and down on the dock, game won't open

★★ Novice

After installing the newest update (07/04/2020), my Sims 4 app only bounces up and down on the dock and it will not launch the game, no error message either. The screen automatically flips to the Origin screen and the black dot underneath the Sims 4 app on the dock disappears after a minute (the dot that is supposed to show that the app is running). Origin seems to be working fine.

I have tried repairing the game in Origin twice (took so long because I have a number of expansion, stuff and game packs), I've logged in and out of Origin and restarted my Mac, and I've tried Documents > Electronic Arts and moving the Sims 4 folder to my desktop.

Please help!

Message 1 of 5 (1,645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 app bounces up and down on the dock, game won't open

★★ Novice

Hey @x4m1r4, thanks for replying to me!

Turns out it was my mods folder... When I removed my mods folder, the game launched. So I'm slowly going through all of my cc and trying to work out which file is ruining my gameplay haha.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,585 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pinot_grigio3 You might want to consider clearing the origin cache.

Finder > Macintoch HD > Library > Application Support > Look for Origin Folder > Delete the Download Cache folder.

Then restart your Mac. Hope that it helps. It works for me.
Message 2 of 5 (1,603 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @x4m1r4, thanks for replying to me!

Turns out it was my mods folder... When I removed my mods folder, the game launched. So I'm slowly going through all of my cc and trying to work out which file is ruining my gameplay haha.

Message 3 of 5 (1,586 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pinot_grigio3 That's cool! Happy Simming!
Message 4 of 5 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@pinot_grigio3 OMG I'VE BEEN TRYING A FEW WEEKS TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED I REMOVED MY MODS FOLDER AND BOOM IT STARTED RUNNING TYSM!
Message 5 of 5 (1,381 Views)