Re: Sims 4 : Won't load saved games

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: All my homes on Sims are gone.

@alkehage

Are your saves loading ok? Is it just saved houses to your Library that are not showing?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 60 of 528 (2,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What do you mean? When I start the game, all my homes (families and houses) are gone. the game works and I can do new savings but everything that I have done before is gone. 

Message 61 of 528 (2,567 Views)

@alkehage

Ok, so your saves aren't loading? If that's the case check your iCloud Drive settings and Mac internal storage - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 62 of 528 (2,562 Views)

Keep losing progress every time I close Sims 4/Origins despite saving it regular

★★★ Newbie

Since playing Sims4 again this year my game has been crashing and my progress keeps deleting. 

I have followed the steps on https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-...

I have also reset my Origins and have been live chatting EA support, but it seems as if my progress is forever lost. 

My households, however, are shown in my library, but when I click the play button it automatically keeps restarting the game (and my progress). I cannot click the "load game" button because it does not seem to exist anymore on the main menu. 

I was wondering how to fix this problem so that I do not have to restart my game every time I close Sims 4/Origins - despite saving it regularly while playing.  

I have a Mac. 

Message 63 of 528 (2,609 Views)

Re: Keep losing progress every time I close Sims 4/Origins despite saving it reg

@DiamondStar6789

Check your iCloud Drive and Mac storage settings https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 64 of 528 (2,600 Views)

why is my save file gone after November 2020 update?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? It just updated last night to the bug fixer from the November 10th update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work Game: Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff: Nifty Knitting, My First Pets Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff Free: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Probably have a save from before the update and then update and see if it will go away.
What happens when the bug occurs? My 100 baby challenge save is missing but I have my other save from before the update.
What do you expect to see? My 100 baby challenge safe file
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have an earlier save file of the family before I started the 100 baby challenge and that loads fine, but the most recent save with my progress in the challenge is gone. 

Message 65 of 528 (2,718 Views)

Re: why is my save file gone after November 2020 update?

@nina2880

Check your iCloud Drive and internal storage settings https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 66 of 528 (2,714 Views)

Came back after 7 months not playing, all saved data deleted

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vintage Glamour, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game, all save data is gone, no option to retrieve it or load my worlds. Acts as if the game is brand new.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't access any of my households or worlds
What do you expect to see? My households and worlds available for me to play...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hadn't played sims 4 since April, just reopened it and updated origin and the game, and all my households and worlds are gone. Origin still logs that I spent 100+ hours playing, but I can't access any of my data, the game acts as if it's brand new. Can anyone help?

Message 67 of 528 (2,598 Views)

Re: Came back after 7 months not playing, all saved data deleted

[ Edited ]

@cleoambre

If the Sims 4 folder containing your saves etc. is not in Documents > Electronic Arts move it there from wherever it may be. Also check your iCloud Drive and internal storage settings https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 68 of 528 (2,814 Views)

Sims 4 : Won't load saved games

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Every since the November 2020 update after the Snowy Escape release none of my saved games are loading. The loading screen has lasted through movies and my save will not load. I do have custom content (though only two), which I removed and disabled. I can create a new household by starting a new game, however, my old saves will not load regardless of their age. I should also add I am using a Mac.

Message 69 of 528 (2,930 Views)